I really like NightHawk Carbons, so my first set of balanced headphones should be?
Jan 12, 2021 at 4:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

George Hincapie

Headphoneus Supremus
Please help. Bewildered by the options.

I've had the NightHawks for a few years and really enjoy them, but I am about to order a new amp (GSX Mini) and want to take the opportunity to try some new balanced headphones with them.

Have any of you done something similar? What did you end up with and how do you like your purchase?

Thanks.

Jan 12, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #2 of 10
Please help. Bewildered by the options.I've had the NightHawks for a few years and really enjoy them, but I am about to order a new amp (GSX Mini) and want to take the opportunity to try some new balanced headphones with them.
Have any of you done something similar? What did you end up with and how do you like your purchase?
Thanks.

Run directly to :

https://www.linsoul.com/products/harmonicdyne-zeus

Don't even think twice.
They are excellent.

Jan 12, 2021 at 5:41 PM Post #3 of 10
If you aren't aware, all you need is a new cable to run the Nighthawks balanced. If you're looking for new headphones, most dual entry headphones can be run balanced (some single entry headphones too), you just need to purchase the appropriate cable for your amp.

Jan 13, 2021 at 4:05 AM Post #5 of 10
If you aren't aware, all you need is a new cable to run the Nighthawks balanced. If you're looking for new headphones, most dual entry headphones can be run balanced (some single entry headphones too), you just need to purchase the appropriate cable for your amp.
This. If you don't want to go the custom cable route, Arctic Cables have a balanced cable for your headphones, available on ebay.

Jan 13, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #6 of 10
Just how similar is the Zeus to the Hawks/Owls?

The Hawks have a very warm Timbre, lots of overtones, ......warm sounding headphones.
I liked them, but i felt they were a little overcooked regarding the low mids.
The HDZeus have some of this warmth as well, yet with more detail and a better high end.
The Zeus were $500, and just recently became $350, ... probably because they are about to ship a lot of GS2000s.
Drop placed a large order .

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2021 at 7:50 PM Post #9 of 10
Jan 22, 2021 at 8:23 PM Post #10 of 10
The Hawks have a very warm Timbre, lots of overtones, ......warm sounding headphones.
I liked them, but i felt they were a little overcooked regarding the low mids.
The HDZeus have some of this warmth as well, yet with more detail and a better high end.
The Zeus were $500, and just recently became $350, ... probably because they are about to ship a lot of GS2000s.
Drop placed a large order .
Would you say that the Zeus is equally as dark in the high mids as the NightOwl? Does the Zeus sound more forward, opposed to distant with the NightOwl? If so, are we talking slight or significant?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back