I plan on replacing my Nitrus with an iPod Mini; here's why
Feb 25, 2004 at 12:07 AM Post #91 of 100
Classic comments from Gratner:

Quote:

Originally posted by gratner
I don't get the "geek" comment but it takes one to know one. It's funny how touchy the Apple people are... it's like a friggen cult.

Quote:

The iPod mini has been universally panned by both Mac afficionados and non-Mac fans.

Quote:

When I buy my next car... I want something that's very stylish yet goes half the speed of my current vehicle for nearly the same price.

Quote:

Why is it that you're continually saying the iPod sounds better than the Karma even though it's pretty much common knowledge that the best two sounding players are the Zen and the Karma?

Quote:

I said "pretty much common knowledge". In my research I found far more people pointing to the sound quality of the Zen and Karma as being superior to the iPod. Sorry buddy... you might think you know it all... you don't Mr. obesessive compulsive.

Quote:

Face it... the iPod is targeted at the masses... not the hi-fi crowd... as evidence by many of it's features or lack thereof.

Quote:

Who really cares anyhow... I'm not obsessive over this stuff like you... you're obviously an Apple zealot although you deny it at every turn. Shock, anger, denial, acceptence. You're in the denial stage.

Feb 25, 2004 at 12:23 AM Post #93 of 100
It's ok... be happy with your iPod.

I'm enjoying and will continue to enjoy the great features the Karma has to offer: gapless playback, ogg vorbis and flac support, WMA support, Rio DJ, 5-band parametric equalizer and 15 hour battery life just to name a few.

Feb 25, 2004 at 12:27 AM Post #94 of 100
Quote:

Originally posted by sno1man
Lets see, get the F out and FU. Very wiity comeback.......Not! I was just trying to lighten things up a bit.

Perhaps you could have something like. "Were you a wrestler in high school? Perhaps one too many headlocks damaged your hearing?"

Anyway that does tend towards the zealotry argument.

Ok this time I'll warn you sarcasm ahead..........Forgetting sound for the moment, My karma is the oompa loompa of MP3 players. Hint think of Willie Wonka

Are you just a 'kid with a computar? If so -- stay out of the adult conversations, son -- you're out of your element.
rolleyes.gif

Feb 25, 2004 at 12:36 AM Post #95 of 100
Quote:

Originally posted by stan23
Are you just a 'kid with a computar? If so -- stay out of the adult conversations, son -- you're out of your element.
rolleyes.gif

edit: I was thinking of the other kid.
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2004 at 12:39 AM Post #96 of 100
Sorry Austonia, I was actually talking about "sno1man" His comment about me 'generalizing' really held no truth.

Feb 25, 2004 at 12:52 AM Post #97 of 100
Ok several things:
1. I don't type well. That has zip to do with my age and lots to do with never having had a lesson
rolleyes.gif
Looking back at my posts I see lots of them.

2. I did paint you stan23 with the same broad brush that I did Gratner. Point taken that I should not be guilty of what I acuse others of.

3. Judging by Austonia's picture I might be a little bit older than him. Not that it really makes any difference to this discussion. I might be the smartest three year old is another possiblity.

I enjoy spirited and witty discussions, with wit, sarcasm and irony thrown in to the mix, but personal attacks and blind allegiance to anything is not amenable to that.

I'm done now. I'll go back to the Gay Marriage debate. That one's not so angry
wink.gif

Feb 25, 2004 at 12:59 AM Post #98 of 100
Quote:

Originally posted by sno1man

I'm done now. I'll go back to the Gay Marriage debate. That one's not so angry
wink.gif

I have no problems with Gay Marriage... Austonia is free to do whatever he wants.

Feb 25, 2004 at 1:03 AM Post #99 of 100
sno1man -

My work is done here - I see no point in arguing with you. If you had been around here a little longer, you would have seen how equally 'unbiased' i've been about every product i've either personally reviewed or had the pleasure of using..

Except of course, the Eggos
tongue.gif
-- cuz they suk --
eggosmile.gif

Feb 25, 2004 at 1:21 AM Post #100 of 100
Gratner - shut up

Austonia - shut up

If you want a sleek, sexy portable player that deals exceptional sound with great functionality, get the iPod.

If you want a short, less sleek (but built like a tank player) that also deals exceptional sound with an EQ to back it up and decent functionality, get the Karma.

If price is your complaint, get the Karma. You will not be disappointed with the price you pay for the Karma at all.

If you have extra money to shell out, don't mind the 8 hour battery life, want a highly praised product that's been out on the market for a while, and don't mind being another person with the white shiny thing, get the iPod.

edit: same goes for the Nitrus/mini iPod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back