I passed my driving test !!!!!!!!! Woohoo (3rd attempt !)
Mar 16, 2007 at 9:03 PM Post #31 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I 'passed' the first time, but the %%%% did a 360.. On a 4 way stop, a few feet away from the DMV, I turned before it was my turn..I 'cut off' the other car.. She then marked me failed & put down I was a road hazzard..

You havent passed until you have that little slip of paper in your warm sweaty mitts. Yesterday somebody cut across me, slowly no less, causing me to slam on my brakes and barely stopping in time, it was really scary.

Your instructor has no choice but to fail you for something that they think is dangerous or illegal, if they dont and there are any witnesses they can be penalised. This happened to somebody I knew in Britain, they had "passed" their test but coming back to the test center they went a few mph over the limit on a dual carriageway, there was a police car on the road at the same time and the instructor had to fail them.

Mar 16, 2007 at 10:15 PM Post #32 of 38
Not too many auto accidents in the UK, I suppose then?
biggrin.gif

Sounds like the test in the states is a breeze compared to the one out there.

Mar 17, 2007 at 12:37 AM Post #33 of 38
Hey i went for mine today to.

Well u dident get it, i had my sisters car and her plates wernt up to date so i couldent take the test. Im tryin again on monday with good plates. ill tell ya how its goes

Mar 17, 2007 at 1:20 AM Post #34 of 38
I got it first time, guy testing me said to my instructor that I was a little sloppy. Actual driving was fine.

However I hit the curb once when parking as I went in too far, which he could of failed me for if he felt so inclined.

Also they have scenarios, "find an address", where you'll have to go down a street, possibly turn around and park in a driveway of a certain number house.

I turned around went past the number and then realized, ohhh... it's back there...
redface.gif

Also almost stuffed up another one as I was so nervous I was forgetting what the guy was telling me and he was getting a little grumpy. He was pretty grumpy all round, however I'm fairly sure given what he said to my instructor that he could see I had the whole driving thing down well as I got no marks off for actual driving and was just making mistakes as I was nervous.

Mar 17, 2007 at 3:24 AM Post #35 of 38
I got nailed to the wall by my examiner when I took my first test this month. And not in a good way.

Lot's of deductions for non-existent errors. Out of a possible 25 points deducted to pass, I got a 40. Ouch. First thing that comes to mind is that he marked me down for neglecting to check for traffic at every single intersection, which is funny because he complemented me on my traffic checks during the review.

I'm glad, though, that I didn't have to waste money on driver's ed. More money to spent on those $40+ fill-ups.

Mar 19, 2007 at 1:58 AM Post #36 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I 'passed' the first time, but the %%%% did a 360.. On a 4 way stop, a few feet away from the DMV, I turned before it was my turn..I 'cut off' the other car.. She then marked me failed & put down I was a road hazzard..

I've failed for more minor things than that, your action made another driver to alter their driving behaviour = a instant fail here.

One of the reason I think personally speaking, the driving test are hard is because of the roads. It's not a grid system like blocks in the US for a start, it's barely wide enough for 1 car in some cases. Where in the US, nobody walks, here a lot of people walk or cycle.

Pedestrian crossing and traffic lights are not at the end of a "block", it'll pop up practically anywhere. The test are done between 9-3 in the day so it's busy all round the clock. I had the privilege of doing it during the mum/school runs hour...with kids everywhere during the latter part of the test.

No one will ever say the driving test here are easy (except may be examiners ), I am more relieved I passed than happy.

Mar 19, 2007 at 2:11 AM Post #37 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My left foot is always touching the clutch, it might not be pushing down but it's there all the time. It's the right foot that goes between brake and gas. Don't see how you can fail for that ! It's a bit tight, surely you need it for changing gears and braking.

Same for me too. I'm a bit too big for my car and so are my feet, so I gotta rest them on teh clutch.

Congrats on the test though! Its like the best thing ever! I managed to ace mine first time, got 3 minors; had the worst possible test ever. A dog tried to commit suicide, everything pulled out on me and we witnessed an accident. Thought there was no way I could have passed.

Mar 19, 2007 at 2:21 AM Post #38 of 38
Mine was ok in the middle but the start was awful. Reverse park and I was in between 2 spaces ! And then first junction i pulled out there was this kid on a BMX on the road.....grrrr, one time a kid decide to ride on the road ! And with 5 mins to go i had to do a reverse round a corner. Just then it seem everyone decided to come near me. A Car coming from the corner I was reversing into, a bus came pass, pedestrian with a pram, a van and taxi. What should've been a 30 seconds job took an eternity due to all the stopping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back