I own the Atom stack and like it. Now, I want a more fun amp+DAC setup < $300.
Mar 21, 2021 at 2:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

BetaWolf

100+ Head-Fier
I've been listening to this for a few months now. I like how it doesn't color the audio at all. Powering my headphones, it's very unbiased. Now, I'd like something that's going to make the highs sparkle a bit and make the bass sound more punchy and tight. Objectivity and measurements be damned. I connected my K371 to my Sansa Clip+ and love the amplification in that.

For DACs, I could reuse my Atom DAC. It's not the end of the world if I can't, but I'd like something new with optical in.

For amps, I am looking at Liquid Spark, SAP-12, Magni 3+, Zen CAN, Archel 2, Topping A50, or AAA ONE.

For headphones, I own the Pro 80, CAL, K371, and 660S (single ended cable only).

Mar 21, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #2 of 8
Eh. Just run EQ. Nothing you're looking at will be that much different.

Mar 21, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #5 of 8
Tighten the bass with EQ???
Nothing you're looking at is going to "tighten bass"; proper eq may clean things up a little.

Mar 21, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #7 of 8
I don’t think the amps will increase the bass from others have a Atom, Spark , Magni 3 and Zen Can Signature 6XX and don’t think either are more bass heavy than any other the Zen Can does bring quite a bit more power with the balanced output .

Mar 22, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #8 of 8
I've been listening to this for a few months now. I like how it doesn't color the audio at all. Powering my headphones, it's very unbiased. Now, I'd like something that's going to make the highs sparkle a bit and make the bass sound more punchy and tight. Objectivity and measurements be damned. I connected my K371 to my Sansa Clip+ and love the amplification in that.
For DACs, I could reuse my Atom DAC. It's not the end of the world if I can't, but I'd like something new with optical in.
For amps, I am looking at Liquid Spark, SAP-12, Magni 3+, Zen CAN, Archel 2, Topping A50, or AAA ONE.
For headphones, I own the Pro 80, CAL, K371, and 660S (single ended cable only).
Not see any headphones you listed as very power demanding, so can't see a more powerful headphone amplifier making that much difference.
Maybe a headphone amplifier with a balanced headphone jack and a balanced headphone cable for the HD660s might help the HD660s (not sure how noticeable).
Higher end headphone would seem the likely path for improved audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back