i own a zune& i want to use full size cans
May 25, 2007 at 9:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

leo5111

1000+ Head-Fier
i have a zune i want to use full size headphones not noise cancelling but that knock down outside noise due to fact they are closed. id prefer to go unamped i tried grado sr80,s yes i know they are open but i was in quiet sound room of audio equipment store and they sounded good but wouldnt get loud enough which is sayin somthing because i dont listen to my music super loud would ampin up the volume on the music help or just cause distortation?? if it will help how do i amp up volume on the music?? which program ? thanx for help
basshead.gif

May 25, 2007 at 11:12 PM Post #4 of 13
in the garbage cans of most new head-fiers

they arent that bad, i used sony MDR-V600's for a number of years.

and yeha, they work rather well unamped.

V600's on Ebay

May 26, 2007 at 4:05 AM Post #8 of 13
I've got a zune. tonight i just ordered the Audio-Technica ath-es7, which is getting a lot of attention in the headphone/earphone forum right now. i'm not suggesting its definitely right for you, but it's got a lot going for it for a headphone (not earphone) for use with a portable device, so you might want to put it on your list to think about.

May 26, 2007 at 4:16 AM Post #9 of 13
I'm listening to my Zune right now with the Sony MDR-V6 and they sound pretty good together. Another option might be the Sennheiser HD25-1. That headphone seems to get nothing but rave reviews.

Good luck on your search.

May 26, 2007 at 5:38 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by leo5111 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hanafuda, keep me posted how good the sound unamped with the zune and if they get loud enough...thanx

will do. I got em at buy.com for $110 shipped, but the free shipping is slooooow, so they're not supposed to arrive for 7-9 business days. the wait is gonna suck, but the price was definitely right.

as for sound, I'm just running on faith from some opinions posted here. But other things I really like about the ES7 ...

lays/packs flat
looks about as bulletproof as you could expect
has a portable style cable, not thick and/or coiled home style
made in japan
reportedly more comfortable than k81j or HD25
not super-isolating, but does the job
from specs, should be driven well unamped from zune

this isn't to say there aren't other options. I spent close to two months bouncing around different ideas before I picked these, and chances are in a couple more months I'll be getting the itch for something more specialized to add to the collection. We'll see. I see the ES7 as a do-everything-well headphone for use with a portable device (hopefully very well), but I don't expect it to be the BEST at anything.

May 26, 2007 at 6:52 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by lutwey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
one quick correction v6 is different from v600. x2--->v6 that my main portable cans and they perform quite well.

theyre a good deal, too. correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe i've seen it mentioned here more than once that the v6 is identical to the 7506, and yet if you head over to bhphoto the v6 is 69.95 while the 7506 is 99.99. I don't really see them as a portable though ... i know the op didn't specify this but since he's needing something for the zune ya gotta figure he meant it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back