I ordered my Nintendo DS today!
Jan 29, 2006 at 5:29 AM Post #31 of 35
What is up with all this PSP dissing? Why is everyone comparing like the 5th Gen iPod/laptop to a PSP? that doesn't even make sense. I own a 5th gen ipod, powerbook, dell laptop, psp and will be getting a DS Lite when it comes out, honestly, none of these products can be compare to one another because they are so different to each other. Please stop dissing the PSP because it's exspensive. Just because it's exspensive doesn't mean that's it is bad.

Jan 29, 2006 at 5:33 AM Post #32 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by xcryonicx
okay, let's not let this turn into another god awful PSP vs DS war. Really.

The new DS Lite actually doesn't impress me too much. I like the color I ordered a lot, and the DS lite is going to be much more fragile and prone to scratches if those mock ups reflect the final product (having that shiny plastic casing). It does however fit in much better with the future of Nintendo gearing towards the look of the Revolution, as the D-pad is essentially the same on both.

are u serioius? you don't even know what casing will look like. No body has, the pictures Nintendo went out was a CG.

Jan 29, 2006 at 9:59 AM Post #34 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by xcryonicx
just arrived, been playin' Mario Kart. I love this thing!!

IMG_0879.jpg

That colour's definetely interesting looking.

Congrats! and yes, I love mario kart
biggrin.gif

Feb 4, 2006 at 4:41 AM Post #35 of 35
You guys should check out the stuff on GameFaq's messageboards on the hardware...funny ****, and it shows you how geeky we are. Anyways, I don't think anyone was really saying anything bad about anything in this thread. If it had to do with that response talking about what I wrote, the guy was just talking about that the future of portables would be good with the DS style too (I wrote that the future of "good" portables would have to have one screen only, with features similar to the PSP...but I was mostly thinking about emulation and stuff, and I thought I wrote the stuff wrong so I edited it). Yeah, some people are just into certain things, or because they don't have the money to buy other things and are REALLY proud about owning something...this causes us to follow a certain brand only, and giving in to prejudice/stereotype/blah blah. A lot of people who use portables are not even into gaming, they just buy a specific "image" (proof at GameFaqs, lol) for their pleasure, only buying a few things for it. I DO mean to be rude, but something I realized lately (and through real-life observation too) is that the MOST ignorant "gaming" person takes part in the now cliche trend of buying the Grand Theft Auto series and sport games or anything really violent (violent in the ***tty kind of way, ahem, games about rappers)...I'm gonna be blunt here, many different people like Grand Theft Auto, but *** **** there's just so many IGNORANT (excluding you and other veteran gamers) people mostly wanting that series (the way they look, act, and ask for the game...it makes me feel like ****). LOL, then you have your weirdo gamer like me, looking at some of the underground stuff or whatever (come on you geeks, why doesn't anyone play cool games like Ghouls 'n Ghosts and Battletoads and Joe & Mac anymore...stuff like that, all of these are WAY cooler than Grand Theft Auto...yeah but that's only my opinion, oh well ha hah).

Edit: Naah, the GameFaq boards weren't very funny actually, there was only a thread in the DS hardware board that was actually kind of funny (talking about kids and parents and ****, not knowing much about the stuff). By the way, don't take what I say seriously, heh heh...just messing around (but honestly, not too many people know about stuff like the Tapwave Zodiac or Gizmondo...hhmmm, no one really knows too much info. on the widescreen Gizmondo or that XGP..might be awhile or even never for those things to come out, for all I care).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back