I ordered a XIN SuperMacro IV,gotta question for u?
Jul 1, 2006 at 12:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

robster

500+ Head-Fier
O.K. I ordered the XIN SuperMacro IV yesterday and in my order I asked DR. Xin for the OPA2134 which I read previuously Skylab saying it was a warm tube like sounding OPA.
That's the sound I'm looking for a warm "tube-like" analog sound. All the OPA's and chips and buffers and the such are confusing my simple brain. Was I correct in ordering the OPA2134? I want to keep it simple,later I may change OPA's,buffers,and chips.
But now all I want is a XIN amp that is plug and play and I realize DR. Xin is busy and he may answer emails on his time schedule and I'll have to wait a month for the amp.
I just want to make sure I got my order right.

I plan on uisng the amp as portable and desk top with SEnn PX-100's as portable phones and AKG 701's at home,only source will be my Redwine Ipod and I listen to all types of music.

Best wishes,
Robert

Jul 1, 2006 at 12:15 PM Post #2 of 4
robster

I don't think there is a bad solution for you with the Xin amps. If you become convinced of a different mix of opamps then you have the option of changing them. The OPA2134 is the one used in Headrooms very well recieved amps.

So don't worry, enjoy the music. The hardest part is going to be the waiting on getting it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by robster
O.K. I ordered the XIN SuperMacro IV yesterday and in my order I asked DR. Xin for the OPA2134 which I read previuously Skylab saying it was a warm tube like sounding OPA.
That's the sound I'm looking for a warm "tube-like" analog sound. All the OPA's and chips and buffers and the such are confusing my simple brain. Was I correct in ordering the OPA2134? I want to keep it simple,later I may change OPA's,buffers,and chips.
But now all I want is a XIN amp that is plug and play and I realize DR. Xin is busy and he may answer emails on his time schedule and I'll have to wait a month for the amp.
I just want to make sure I got my order right.

I plan on uisng the amp as portable and desk top with SEnn PX-100's as portable phones and AKG 701's at home,only source will be my Redwine Ipod and I listen to all types of music.

Best wishes,
Robert

Jul 1, 2006 at 1:19 PM Post #4 of 4
I had the AD8397 in my Supermacro III Version 6 and switched to the OPA2134. The first time I did it I did not care for the sound, it was anemic.

A couple of months later I switched again and let the OPA2134 and it High-C buffers (2) burn in for about 50 hours. All I can say is that I have not gone back to the AD8397.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back