I need your recommendations
Dec 3, 2009 at 8:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

raisen1259

New Head-Fier
Hi i really wanted to buy myself a great pair of headphones untill i figured out i don't know anything about them so i'd really like your advice my budget is 100 - 130 euro.

I use headphones the whole day walking to school walking home at the PC and in my spare time and i listin to every type of music, and can someone just explain to me do open back headphones let in alot of noise ? looking forward to your responses
dt880smile.png

oh and at the moment i am using ATH-SJ1 that my friend got me a year back what are your thoughts on them

Dec 3, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #3 of 15
Thanks mythless i was just looking at reviews and they look pretty dam awesome have any other recommendations just incase i cant pick those up anywere oh and thay dont really have to be noise canceling

Dec 3, 2009 at 10:32 PM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by mythless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe the Senn HD25 is the one for you.

for homes and away use, i really can't think of a better pair of headphones. O.K. i do have the 25-1's, but they are very good. clamping effect is quite hard though.

you might want to consider the Audio Technica ATH-ES7's, but beware becasue they are plenty of fakes on the market.

Dec 4, 2009 at 12:05 AM Post #6 of 15
like i said, be careful of the ES7's 'cause there are many counterfeits out there.

Dec 4, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #8 of 15
Hi,
Do you want better quality sound or a mix of this and still looking cool? If you wanna look cool then I can't help as I have four kids
smily_headphones1.gif

If you want decent sound for your money then I can only offer my opinion and hope it may help you. For good sounds I've never found a cheap (relatively) pair of supra-aural headphones (they sit on top of the ears i.e. like the ones you've got) that could produce a hearty dynamic range, and at a decent volume (I like my tunes loud). Even when I've liked a particular pair I always needed a break after an hours listening as they made the ears ache from listening fatigue and compression. Plus the fact that they leak like a you know what always put me off them. Flip side of leakage is isolation and open back or closed back supra-aural won't do it for you either.
I have the answer though - in-ear headphones!
Bass, mid range, top end, whatever you want to call them the in-ear phones will be better AND they isolate much better due to the fact that they are basically ear plugs.
Did I mention the BASS!!!

And to top it all off they leak the least out of any music to ear devices simply due to the low energy levels required to drive the, erm.. drivers!

Just my opinion
wink.gif

Dec 4, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #9 of 15
Maybe also consider SRH840.

Dec 4, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #12 of 15
I went to get them today and all i could find was the senn HD 25 and the version 2 however i was 20euro short T.T i'll try another place or maybe try an order online for cheaper value

Users who are viewing this thread

Back