I need your opinion. Don't hold it back! Which Cowon has the BEST SQ?
Jul 21, 2011 at 4:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

sabatar

100+ Head-Fier
I bought D2 three years ago and find it very good. It's become old and I want to get a new one from Cowon because I love their sound signature. I'm eyeing the sexy looking ones on their website and don't know which to order. My priority is sound quality, but if along with it I get other benefits (storage capacity, touch sensitivity...) I wouldn't mind. Also, what's the best vendor to buy from (they should be able to ship to Dubai by FedEx or any other express service). Thanks a ton in advance.

Jul 21, 2011 at 5:11 AM Post #2 of 6
cowon u2 
confused_face(1).gif

Jul 21, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #4 of 6
I have the old D2 and the i9, and the i9 is better sounding (although I still like and use the D2). Cream of the crop is the J3......same great sound as the i9, but card slot, better controls, better screen.

Jul 22, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #5 of 6
I have had a S9, J3 and D3 and my favorite of all has been the S9. There are more uci's that function correctly for it and it is the same sound as the J3. I really liked the D3 and felt that the sound was slightly better than the J3 and S9 however that was from memory only. The D3 I felt was slightly too big and I really liked the layout of the S9 more than the other 2. The battery life on the D3 is dismal and I never got more than around 15 hours out of the J3 even though I believe it is suppose to last longer than the S9. It also took a long time for the J3 to boot up with 32gb internal and 32gb external. The D3 was fun rooting and loading gapps. In fact I liked the S9 so much that last weekend I saw that jetaudio had a sale on the 32gb model for 205.99 so I snatched the last one. It should be here tomorrow. Good luck and I am sure that you will enjoy whichever one you decide on.

Aug 10, 2011 at 4:57 AM Post #6 of 6
I would go with either the S9 or J3 for the reasons mentioned above. They both sound practically the same. I have both J3 and S9 currently. Honestly, if there's a difference in sound, I'm not really catching it, but I usually use the players when on-the-go. The difference is sound is so small IMO that it shouldn't really be a deal breaker. Get the J3 for the expandable memory, better responsive touch screen, sleekier body, and better construction (the buttons don't stick like on the S9 which sticks after awhile) for just a little more. But honestly, you can't go wrong with either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back