I need your help please
Jun 22, 2002 at 5:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

HeadBanger2002

New Head-Fier
Ok guys here's the issue:
I was never into headphones,but recently I've been in a friend's home and tried his pair of hi-fi headphones!!!
It sounded so great,so much better than speakers!
Now I want to buy myself a pair of hi-fi headphones.
The problem is I don't know nothing about headphones...the only ones I've been using are those tiny sony MDR-E828(not good) with my cd walkman.And it seems that now I enjoy listening music with my cd walkman more than any other way.
But I'm looking for something that I can use for my pc games or TV.Also I want the be "closed"(not spreading the sound around me).
So what would you recommend for me?
Oh,I forgot...the price has to be 90 euros max(75 USD)

Jun 22, 2002 at 9:21 AM Post #2 of 6
Sony V6 is what most people start off with, should be a solid buy. there are not too many closed headphones in that pricerange that are really good, the Beyers are about twice the price.

and for portable, do yourself a favor and get some Sennheiser MX500's
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 22, 2002 at 2:43 PM Post #3 of 6
I second the V6 thing. I know a lot of us who are spoiled with more expensive headphones will argue against them, but the V6 is the best entry level option at its price as far as I'm concerned.

Jun 22, 2002 at 3:17 PM Post #4 of 6
I second, third ~ or whatever Kellys choice of MDR-V6... very good for entry level... but depending where you are in Europe, it might well be VERY hard (because of importing, and its duties) to find a pair for €90

Jun 22, 2002 at 3:45 PM Post #5 of 6
The V6 was also how I got started. It's probably the best closed phone on the market for that price. Go for it! It seems to be hard to get in Europe though, just as it was for myself (I live in Canada). I had to order it from the US, and pay for duties etc.. It might be a good idea to search for the MDR-7506 instead. It's the exact same headphone except it has a gold-plated plug.

Jun 23, 2002 at 6:38 AM Post #6 of 6
Yes, the V6 is a good set of starter phones, but if you listen to a lot of classical, they might not be the best choice as the treble is a bit fatiguing. Sound stage is also a bit shallow. As an alternative, especially if you can't easily get the Sonys there in EU Land, consider the Sennheiser HD212s. Very nice closed cans, with a more neutral sound. They go for roughly $50-60 U.S. but are less sturdy, less portable, and don't have the V6s superlative bass. If you listen to more bass-y music, the V6 is the better choice. Though it still may be tough to find...and the 7506 usually costs more than $75 US due to Sonys Byzantine marketing scheme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back