I need your help head-fi :[ ( yes it's music related )
Mar 9, 2009 at 7:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Novaldex

New Head-Fier
Greetings

I recently got my hand ( through a friend, that doesn't know the source either ) on a very good sounding version of the wall, by pink floyd, but i have no idea what the source is. And here's where it gets odd : the full album is a little bit more than 4.1 GB ( ! ), is encoded in 24 bit 96 kHz, and got 6 channels. So there's no way it could be a vinyl. But it could be either an audio dvd, or a sacd, but it appears that neither released such an album. Take a look at this :

Again, at the risk to be redundant, i'm nothing of a crazy audiophile, but this is about the best sounding album i've ever heard, and this is really intriguing me. 5.1 quality stuff just doesn't pop out of nowhere

Any clues ?

Mar 9, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #2 of 5
I think there's a DTS and DVD release of the wall floating around torrents. I dont think its an official release and afaik there was no quad release of The Wall hence it was purely user made from either a vinyl rip or a cd rip.

I could be wrong though if theres an ultra rare original quad mix of The Wall.

Mar 9, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #3 of 5
It seems to have come from a DTS CD.

Here you go: PINK FLOYD - The Wall (dts cd)

I'll still stick with my MFSL version of the album.
biggrin.gif

Mar 10, 2009 at 8:27 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Novaldex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jesus christ that was fast
redface.gif
Thanks a bunch
biggrin.gif

Never underestimate the power of the Head-Fi music lovers. Personally, I'll stick to my vinyl copy at home and my Harvest copy for the car.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back