I need ur recommendation
Oct 16, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #6 of 18
It's a great DAC imo. I use computer optical out>bifrost>asgard>he-400s and I love this setup.
But I am just one person, I am sure there are many other options out there, you just gotta do some research. Check out the DAC section on this website, look at reviews, and then find threads of that certain DAC.
But in my honest opinion, the sound differences in DACs mainly this price range isn't noticeable.

Oct 16, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #8 of 18
From what I personally have heard, they sound very similar. But given the good quality sources, there is a slight difference sometimes with things such as sound stage, fullness, and imaging. Comparing the Bifrost to something much cheaper like a Fiio E17, the difference is there, but hardly noticeable in comparing DACs this price range. I can't say any are better than the others in terms of "better sound" just slightly different sound. I enjoy my Bifrost DAC the most, so that is the one I recommend. But really you should look at others and make the decisions for yourself, I can just offer advice from my limited experience. However, there are differences such as input options, bit rate handling, construction, warranty, etc. that make DACs different from each other.

Oct 16, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #10 of 18
Xonar Essence ST is a good sound card, I used to have one. The amp isn't that great, but the DAC is pretty good, a lot like the Fiio E17. Is there much difference between the DAC on the Essence? I'd say somewhat noticeable, but worth it to spend $450 on? That depends on how important that aspect of the sound is to you. Willing to spend 200% more for less than 10% sound improvement? I personally would be perfectly happy with the Xonar if I didn't have extra money laying around, which I don't anymore :p

Oct 17, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #11 of 18
Quote:
Then worth it? upgrade from Xonar essence ST DAC to Schiit Bitfrost? or really worth it, spend 450U$S on, cuz I need sound card.

If your already using the Essence ST, just plug the external amplifier into the ST's RCA jacks (get only 2-channel, stereo output, no surround sound).
If you need surround sound with your external amplifier, order a SMSL SD-793II ($60), S/PDIF (optical & coaxial input), PCM1793 DAC chip, analog RCA and headphone jack output.
Plug the SD-793II with S/PDIF to the Essence ST's S/PDIF output and run line-out from the SD-793 with RCAs to the external amplifier.

Have you tried connection the external amplifier to the Essence ST's headphone jack?

Oct 17, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #12 of 18
Quote:
If your already using the Essence ST, just plug the external amplifier into the ST's RCA jacks (get only 2-channel, stereo output, no surround sound).
If you need surround sound with your external amplifier, order a SMSL SD-793II ($60), S/PDIF (optical & coaxial input), PCM1793 DAC chip, analog RCA and headphone jack output.
Plug the SD-793II with S/PDIF to the Essence ST's S/PDIF output and run line-out from the SD-793 with RCAs to the external amplifier.

Have you tried connection the external amplifier to the Essence ST's headphone jack?

why i will do thats xD, if i already purchase little dot MK IV tubes amp.

Oct 17, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Why I will do that's xD, if i already purchase Little Dot MK IV tubes amp.

You did say you wanted to get a (external?) DAC to use with the LD MKIV.
The SMSL SD-793II is an external DAC, it just happens to also have built in headphone amplifier, you do not need to use the head amp. part.
Unless I missed something about your current setup and what audio hardware you have?

Oct 17, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #14 of 18
Quote:
You did say you wanted to get a (external?) DAC to use with the LD MKIV.
The SMSL SD-793II is an external DAC, it just happens to also have built in headphone amplifier, you do not need to use the head amp. part.
Unless I missed something about your current setup and what audio hardware you have?

In this moment, i have PC>Xonar essence ST> MK IV SE> Dt800 pro
By the way from where can i get that dac?

Oct 17, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:
In this moment, i have PC>Xonar Essence ST> MK IV SE> Dt800 pro
By the way from where can i get that dac?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120974133185?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

This DAC is made in China and shipped from China.
Not something you would ever ship back to China for any warranty stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back