I need to send a fax
Jul 2, 2004 at 6:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

pank2002

1000+ Head-Fier
Hallo fellow head-fi'ers.
So, I needed to expand my paypal account's limits (I think they call it Expand Enrollment procedure or something like that.) You need a 4 digit number to complete the expandition, but for some reason I never got the number. I went to the bank and got a huge number (With date and account plus some random stuff all stirred together) and took portions of it. Unfortuantly it didn't work, so now my credit card is blacklisted. I've send them the appropiated info, however the copy of my front/back of my creditcard plus my passport turns out too dark. I've send it to them twice but both was illegible. I expect either my printer or fax to be 'the weakest link' which turns it illegible as it's legible when I send it off.

So here's the question: does any of you know somehow to send a MS document (.doc) as a fax directly from the computer? Preferbly free as I only need to send this one 3 page fax.

Thanks in advannce,
Rasmus

Jul 2, 2004 at 6:49 PM Post #2 of 9
Too bad you can't email it. I have no idea to answer your question, but if we don't figure out a way you could always scan it to jpg, host it to a website, and send them a link :p

Jul 2, 2004 at 6:54 PM Post #3 of 9
Holy ****. I've putted this in the headphone forum
eek.gif
I'm so sorry guys. Could a mod move it, thanks.

Again, I'm really sorry guys.

Jul 2, 2004 at 10:26 PM Post #4 of 9
If anybody have one of these phantastic email to fax services could they send one fax for me. It's kindda urgent as I would like my paypal to be up running again asap. the document is three pages.

I would rather not sign up for anything 'cause I (hopefully) only need to send this one fax

Thanks,
Rasmus

Jul 3, 2004 at 6:08 AM Post #5 of 9
The only place I know of that does email to fax is eFax (http://www.efax.com) and they aren't free, unfortunately.

Jul 3, 2004 at 3:23 PM Post #7 of 9
Can't you just use your computer's Modem? Almost all 56k modems double as fax machines with the right software. I don't have a modem installed in my computer but I believe you just select it as the device you want to print to.

Jul 3, 2004 at 3:36 PM Post #8 of 9
I don't have a modem. I'm on DSL.

The only free service I could fine (www.tcp.int) dosen't deliver to that area...

Everything els I've found requires one to sign up (with monthly fee)for which isn't worth it when I only need to send one fax.

Thanks though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back