I need suggestions for a good 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male cable
Sep 8, 2022 at 5:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

megadruid

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I need suggestions for a good quality 3.5mm to 3.5mm headphone cable for my SHP9500s. I've had 2 SKW 3.5mm cables, but both have gone microphonic and sometimes part of the signal cuts in and out depending on the position of the cable.

So any suggestions?

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2022 at 6:31 PM Post #2 of 2
Hey guys, I need suggestions for a good quality 3.5mm to 3.5mm headphone cable for my SHP9500s. I've had 2 SKW 3.5mm cables, but both have gone microphonic and sometimes part of the signal cuts in and out depending on the position of the cable.

So any suggestions?
I rarely use aux cables at the moment and have limited my purchases to ones with thin connectors so they fit my Focal Listen, but I'll throw in my thoughts.

I'd avoid Kabeldirekt aux cables (thin enough after unscrewing the decorative jacket) since several of them have failed on me (their RCA and TOSLINK cables are solid, though). Granted, they took some abuse on the subway commutes pre COVID, but so did the original Focal cable which still works fine.

For my Bluetooth speaker (that I use wired) I've been happy with this angled AINOPE cable, but the angled side slips out of my phone (with case) too easily when used as a headphone cable on the go, so I switched to the very similar looking straight JSAUX cable. That was a recent change so I can't comment on durability yet, but it works reliably so far. Also works with the SHP9500S.

Due to its braided sleeve it's not immune to microphonics, but not overly so in my opinion. It never bothered me with the Focal Listen while going on walks and mostly listening to podcasts, i.e. lots of quiet passages where microphonics are most apparent, and not once has it caught my attention, unlike some other cables in the past. When it rubs against a zipper it's much louder, but I think that's a problem with practically all cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back