I need something really specific
Sep 8, 2015 at 11:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

LonghornTech

100+ Head-Fier
And only you all can help me.

Sorry it has come down to creating a new thread, but this has been driving me crazy.

IEM: under $100, good for EDM (strong, fast bass - good soundstage) and Indie (Death Cab, Lumineers - so good present vocals and treble), Cable can be worn down, Not bulky, Small nozzle for small ear holes (think Comply 100, 200 - 400 is OK if I have too), no "open back" design (like Titans), well built

Overall sound quality would be something slightly V shaped - Balanced, but still fun to listen to.

This is for my GF, and needs to really convince her of high quality sound. Has to be a significant step up from Klipsch S4

Here is my list, and why I haven't already purchased them:

Vsonic GR07 (Realllly at the top of my price range, is the build quality good enough for a one-and-done headphone?)
Ostry KC06A (There seem to be more than a few people who aren't overly crazy about these??)
JVC FXT-90 (Too V shaped for her purposes?)
Zero-Audio Tenore (QC? Does it feel/look high quality?)
SoundMagic E80 (Not V shaped enough? Large nozzle...)
Bette Hybrid 10mm (Not enough to go by/buy)
Xiamoni Piston 3 (There has to be a pair that does everything better for under $100, no?)
Klipsch X5/X7 (Do they still stack up against these others?)
Trinity Hyperion/Techne (I just don't know how they compare)
Havi B3 Pro 1 (no amp, portable use only)
Macaw GT100 (Heavy, do they stack up?)

I know this is pretty ridiculous, how picky I am being, but I really want to find something she's crazy about and can use for a long time.

Please let me know what you think the best option is. 

Thanks a bunch.

Sep 8, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #3 of 7
Have you considered the RHA MA750?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back