I need some thoughts on interconnects for my system
Aug 9, 2020 at 12:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

JDFlood

100+ Head-Fier
I completed upgrading my primary headphone system. Aurender N100, Ayre QB-8 2020, Woo WA5-LE with upgraded tubes (Takatsui 300B, Sophia 274b). I am using primarily Focal Utopia and Sennheiser HD800 headphones. The system sounds great. I had been using some high end mixed silver and copper Harmonix analog interconnects I already owned. I did notice the system was a bit warm... well, it is 300b. I was upgrading the phonostage on my main system, so I thought would try a pair of my Nirvana SX. i assume most are not familiar with them. They are very neutral and transparent. I had a system with ~ $5,000 each components at the time. I put a set in the loop and my jaw dropped... it was as if someone had swapped out my phonostage and put one in of twice the value... at least. They improved the system sound like it was a major component upgrade. So, when I put them in my headphone system, I should have expected what I heard.. my headphone system took a major upgrade in transperance and the system tonal balance shifted to perfect. Still warm with huge mid-range bloom, but increased detail and just enough treble boost to bring the sound perfect balance. So, what is happening is simply the interconnects have gotten out of the way of the components.

So, I don’t believe Nirvana are made any more. These interconnects need to go back to their home in my main system. So, I need a set of extremely transparent analog interconnects. Thoights.

JD

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back