I need some support with the Cowon Q5 regarding video quality
May 8, 2008 at 4:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Ricky112

Head-Fier
I have a Cowon Q5 and its really an awesome Pmp, But i want to be able to play videos on the Cowon Q5 at its top quality, so far im using a Xilisoft DVD ripper platinum 4 ripping my movies in XVID at 720x480. The quality of the videos are great but for some reason in the background i can still see a little bit of blurriness, and im wondering how to get rid of that. Ive downloaded some DivX videos off of a website and i transfered them into the Cowon Q5 and the video was great resolution was at 720x400 and some 720x544, its a little bit better than the videos i ripped using the Xilisoft DVD ripper. Maybe a DivX converter can help? I don't know. Can someone give me some advice on how to play videos at its top quality on the Cowon Q5? If you can help me out that will be great.

May 8, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #2 of 4
Whenever ripping video with concern to quality, you want to make sure the bitrate is high enough, and also use 2-pass encoding rather than a single pass.

May 8, 2008 at 8:18 PM Post #3 of 4
yea but the xilisoft dvd ripper im using now, i cant use 2 pass encoding plus when i increase the bitrate the mbps seems to increase and when i put the video on my cowon q5 ripping at a high bitrate seems to make the video/audio lag. Ive download some DivX videos before and the mbps was at 1.5 screen resolution was at 720x400 and the quality was awesome. But the program im using right now, i don't know why its not working for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back