I need some options on IEM's for my crappy phone...
Feb 21, 2013 at 3:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Yogi619

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

Every day I take my dog for a walk, and I'm starting to get sick of the silence. I subscribe to Pandora One, and I'd like to be able to listen to it during our walks, but I don't want to spend the money on any really qualty IEM's, since they'll only be used with my crappy phone.

Are there any decent IEM's that won't break the bank, that won't sound absolutely terrible with my Blackberry (I know, I'm probably the only person left using a BB)? I tend to prefer something that doesnt necessarily need to be jammed into my ear canal, since I'll be walking along roads, and would like to be able to hear sirens and whatnot.

Thanks guys =)  

Feb 21, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #2 of 8
Philips SHE-3590 -- color of your choice.

Feb 21, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #3 of 8
I walk my dog all of the time. When I want to be cautious I just leave one hanging out. Or just make the volume neutral. When I'm jammmin I watch my dog for cues; he will make obvious moves when a car is behind me or if something is approaching.

I have been using crappy audio gear for a while, but I just got some Vsonic GR02 Bass for $36 and they sound incredible. They have like 14 PAIRS of tips plus the double flange ones.  I used this as a guide (Cheap / Medium / Expensive IEMs) http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-272-iems-compared-ultrasone-iq-added-02-17-13

Feb 21, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #4 of 8
See if you can seek out a pair of Meelectronics M6 or M9. These are pretty durable in my experience (I've owned two pairs before) and they're not too expensive, have a decent sound stage and quality even out of a crummy source and you don't have to jam them in all the way either so they're not too noise isolating either, but enough for you to hear outside stuff but enjoy your music. 
size]

Feb 22, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:
I walk my dog all of the time. When I want to be cautious I just leave one hanging out. Or just make the volume neutral. When I'm jammmin I watch my dog for cues; he will make obvious moves when a car is behind me or if something is approaching.

I have been using crappy audio gear for a while, but I just got some Vsonic GR02 Bass for $36 and they sound incredible. They have like 14 PAIRS of tips plus the double flange ones.  I used this as a guide (Cheap / Medium / Expensive IEMs) http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-272-iems-compared-ultrasone-iq-added-02-17-13

I second this, I have the Vsonic GR02 Bass as well & they are simply the best you can get for the price. Better than my Soundmagic E10 which won an award for best budget iem on the What Hi-Fi? - Sound & Vision magazine.

Feb 22, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #6 of 8
Thanks guys,

I'm going to take a look at all of those, and probably order a pair this afternoon. I'll let you know which one I went with.

As for taking cue's from my dog, thats probably not the best idea. My dog would walk out onto a runway if there was something to pee on =)  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back