I need some help.
May 24, 2007 at 4:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Filosofem

New Head-Fier
Well I bought some Grado SR80's a while back and I am not entirely impressed. To tell you the truth I enjoyed my Porta Pro's more than these.

I listen to almost entirely Black Metal and these headphones lack when it comes to synth,guitar,vocals,drums playing all together. It just sounds bloated. I just purchased a Pa2v2 recently and that did not help the sound at ALL. I need to see some recommendations on some headphones because I really want to have a nice pair for my music that I am really impressed with. I am willing to spend a good amount here in the next month or so and I want to pick up the right pair.

I listen to Raw Black Metal some and a lot of Depressive Black Metal like Xasthur, with lots of synths.

Any recommendations out there? If so I do appreciate your time and opinion.

Thanks.

P.S if you really want a good idea of how the music I listen to sounds check out my Myspace page http://www.myspace.com/keeperofsharpenedblades

one Warning though, my page is not for the easily offended.

May 24, 2007 at 12:18 PM Post #2 of 8
Based on what you've described as your music choices, and the fact that you prefer your PortaPros to the Grado, I'd recommend Goldring DR-150's. They're like an all grown up Koss. They sell in the U.S. for around $150.00, are comfortable after the initial head clamping breaks in, and are quite easy to drive.

May 24, 2007 at 7:45 PM Post #3 of 8
Ah, thanks for the help. I will check these cans out but I have never seen these mentioned on the forums once so I am not sure If I should drop the money quite yet.

Any second opinions?

I really also like the PX100 a lot so would a HD650 be a "grown up" PX100?

May 24, 2007 at 9:05 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Filosofem /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I bought some Grado SR80's a while back and I am not entirely impressed. To tell you the truth I enjoyed my Porta Pro's more than these.

The keyword is Porta Pro...

I think you should try the Grado/Alessandro series (MS1 or MS2) and avoid the SR or RS series. At the top end, you can try the GS1000 or some Joe Grado vintages.
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 24, 2007 at 9:11 PM Post #5 of 8
You'd definitely like the HD 650 if you love the px 100.It seems like you prefer a dark sound,that's why Grados didn't convince you...

May 24, 2007 at 10:18 PM Post #7 of 8
I am going to read more into the Goldring DR-150, and probably take the plunge. Eventually buy the MS-1 and sooner or later pick up a Sennheiser HD650 on Amazon whilst waiting for a Hornet
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back