I need some help...
Jul 14, 2006 at 4:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

chelsea_hye

New Head-Fier
Ok I need everyone's thoughts. I have a pair of UE-super.fi5 Pro's. I was looking for something new (read upgrade) in particular because I was not happy with their sound isolation. So after a bunch of research and lurking on this site I went with a pair of E4cs.

After a few weeks I can say I am disappointed. Now I agree with pretty much everything that has been said about the two products: The E4c does have better mids and highs, it does have better sound isolation, and it is weaker in the base range. But for my taste I like the super.fi5's better. I have decided that I'm going to return the E4c and now am back to my original problem. How can I upgrade?

I'm going primarily listen with my 5G 30G Ipod (no amp - but after lurking have started looking into that as well). I am less interested in analyzing the music than enjoying it and being engulfed in it. My music preference is pretty eclectic ranging from Jazz and classical to electronica (house, trance, downtempo, etc.) and R&B.

I have been contemplating the UE5c/UE5pro but after speaking the an UE rep am rethinking that too. He said that the UE5c uses the same electronics as the super.fi5. Does that mean I need go to the UE10?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back