I need, some help about - Asus Xonar DX vs VIA VT1708S
Apr 7, 2013 at 11:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

chinpoppo

New Head-Fier
Hello ! this site, once helped me alot, with choosing headphones, and i decidet ask one more thing.

For a last 6-7 years, i using very old mother board, with and realtek chip on it (onboard audio), probable it's bad, but, i like it.

And on the last week, i decidet update PC, and move on win7, from good, old XP. because of this i start choose MB... and they all quit bad, but, i found one, what i like P8H77-V.
But, how disspaointed i was, when find out that htis MB, uses and a "VIA VT1708S" on board chip.... i realy don'tk now how "bad" it's is. But because of this i decidet grab some LQ, sound card, and my eye lay on ASUS XONAR DX.

If any one can little tell me about htis chip and htis sound card, and dose it's relay make sens bought this sound cart.

thank You !

Apr 8, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #2 of 3
If your motherboard is 6-7 years old, then you'll definitely see and improvement with the xonar dx.
The xonar dx cards [from my experience] tend to give "warmer" audio, deeper lows, and smooth highs. Not to mention having a fair share of 7.1 that will improve your gaming experience. 

I've had a ga-970a-d3 motherboard that has VIA drivers for realtek, and upgraded with an xonar dg 5.1. Was it better? Yes. Gunshots in battlefield 3 felt more satisfying, even with my siberia V2's which does the job well for music.

Will you benefit from this card? Yes in terms of audio quality.
Will you benefit from soundstaging? Depends on your headphones really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back