I need some gift ideas to wow my audiophile boyfriend! HELP!
Jan 11, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #16 of 35
Seriously, maybe some nice records (especially collector's/limited editions) would be ideal. You know, the kind that's too expensive for him to buy normally, but still within your budget?

Jan 11, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #17 of 35
This made my week on head-fi...
bigsmile_face.gif

Quote:
They're called records, dude.

Jan 11, 2012 at 2:30 AM Post #18 of 35

Quote:
I believe it's you that sounds dumb as you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. PVC (PolyVINYL Chloride) was commonly and is still used to create VINYL records even today.

Awww shucks, I didn't know that's what LPs were made out of! I ain't never taken no chemistry course before! Gee, thanks mister for clearing that up! [/sarcasm] [/drawl]

Do you call a table 'a wood,' or a boat 'a fiberglass?' No. We do not call things by the name of the material that makes them up, that is non-specific and childish. Exediron, yes, I'm being a grammar nazi, but it's a pet peeve. I'm sorry.

Anyhow, OP! I like the idea of a headphone stand, or maybe a gift certificate to a local record store, or tickets to a show (or shows) that he might want to see!

Jan 11, 2012 at 2:30 AM Post #19 of 35
Jan 11, 2012 at 2:33 AM Post #20 of 35
Quote:
Seriously, maybe some nice records (especially collector's/limited editions) would be ideal. You know, the kind that's too expensive for him to buy normally, but still within your budget?

Yeah, something like that was what I was thinking of. Just be sure it's something he likes
beyersmile.png

Quote:
This made my week on head-fi...
bigsmile_face.gif

Slow week?
biggrin.gif
wink_face.gif

SMILEY OVERLOAD
L3000.gif

... I should probably call it a night now.

Jan 11, 2012 at 2:39 AM Post #22 of 35
[Quote because replies are coming fast and furious right now]

Quote:
Wow, you say?... Get a hold of some Fostex T50RP or T20RP and a few modding materials and get to work, if you do this properly, it will not only wow him, but put his other headphones to shame.

Probably even unmodified they'd be better than the 598s, but there's a chance that having just bought new headphones for himself he's not eager to get a new pair which renders them useless. You could always save the T50 for a later occasion, giving you plenty of time to modify them.

Jan 11, 2012 at 2:39 AM Post #23 of 35
Jan 11, 2012 at 2:52 AM Post #26 of 35

Quote:
Personally, I sold out and switched over to annuli made of polycarbonate years ago.

Haha, you don't miss the smooth, differentiable signal of the PVC annuli?? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back