I need recommendations for a transportable DAC
Jan 14, 2012 at 1:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

autarch1

Head-Fier
I am currently using an Istreamer and a Triad Audio L3 with Edition 8 headphones. Although I find the Istreamer to be a step up from the sound of my Ipad, it seems a bit too bright for me. Some classical music sounds great but pop and rock music with this combination doesn't work for me.

I have a maximum of 700.00 to spend. The DAC has to be small (transportable) but does not need to be battery powered.

I don't know if the Fostex HP-P1 or the CLAS would be a significant upgrade. (maybe I'm wrong?)

Are there any suggestions for a DAC that could be hooked up either to Apple tv or the cck of my Ipad and still be small enough to carry to and from work when I need to? I suppose I'm looking for something with a bit of warmth to it.

Thanks

Jan 16, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #2 of 3
The iBasso D7 are very good sounding DAC/AMPs and small enough to cary with portable rig. The others portable DAC/AMPs are recomended like Pico, XM6, D12, E17 and DAC Port.

Jan 16, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #3 of 3
After starting this thread, I came upon the ibasso dx100 thread. That may just be what I'm looking for. Are ibasso's built in dacs usually any good? What would they compare to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back