I need opinions!
Sep 18, 2014 at 10:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

PixelSkills

Head-Fier
I have the Astro Mixamp Pro 2013 edition, I had the Sennheiser G4me One headset and had to return them because the braided cable was unraveling after a week. I hear you get better sound quality if you get a separate headset and a Mic, so I need some opinions on what is the best gaming headset for me. I know most gamers buy the AD700 but I do not think that would be the headset for me because I don't just play Call of Duty or Battlefield. I want a headset that has amazing sound stage for directional quese but also some bass for the single player games. Im leaning towards the HD598, but there are so many to choose from. I really liked the sound of the Sennheiser G4me One headset but I felt like I could get better. My main needs is comfort, sound stage, but still with some bass.

Sep 25, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #3 of 8
  I have the Astro Mixamp Pro 2013 edition, I had the Sennheiser G4me One headset and had to return them because the braided cable was unraveling after a week. I hear you get better sound quality if you get a separate headset and a Mic, so I need some opinions on what is the best gaming headset for me. I know most gamers buy the AD700 but I do not think that would be the headset for me because I don't just play Call of Duty or Battlefield. I want a headset that has amazing sound stage for directional quese but also some bass for the single player games. Im leaning towards the HD598, but there are so many to choose from. I really liked the sound of the Sennheiser G4me One headset but I felt like I could get better. My main needs is comfort, sound stage, but still with some bass.

My AKG 712 Pros are probably a good fit for you. Comfort 10/10 for me, the memory foam pads are awesome. Sound stage, very good. This one has more bass then the Q701/K702 as in this guide it's a good balance of immersion and competitive. What's your budget though? These need an amp along with it.

At first when I got these headphones just over 2 weeks ago I was just using the Mixamp. They sound fairly good and I was impressed. I then got a Fiio E17 and this blew my mind. I just got a Creative ZxR and it's very good, but it doesn't drive them as loud as my E17. However, they ENCODE the optical output. Meaning I can run my Mixamp from it and use DH (Dolby Headphone) or use SBX or Scout mode from it. I have also tried to use SBX/Scout (only 1 can be selected at once) with DH and it worked. With the ZxR I only need my Mixamp to about 1/2 way so I don't hear the buzz noise that you can hear if you run your Mixamp full.

Great thread. Reason I bought the K712s again was because of the comfort and mix of immersion and competitive.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-update-7-9-2014-ultrasone-hfi-15g-added/26250#post_10909634

Users who are viewing this thread

Back