I need new IEMs. UHP336 or NE-7M?
Jun 16, 2009 at 4:28 AM Post #16 of 24
While I'm sure tstarn06 would disagree, I thought the RE2 was like 30 percent better in the mids and highs, but much worse in the bass. If you're looking for true balance, than the UHP336 is better. But if you want some delicious clarity and the cost of microphonics and bass, you might consider the RE2.

Jun 16, 2009 at 4:34 AM Post #17 of 24
You don't need to Comply tips for the NE-7M. I have small-ish ear canals and the small tips fit me fine and provide a great amount of isolation -- not 100%, but maybe 90%. I can mow grass with them and hear the music just fine.

They are deep in bass and crisp in the highs. They are a hair shy in the mids, but acceptable.

Jun 16, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #18 of 24
i have only owned the ne7m and the re2: both are excellent earphones. excellent. i have the 220 from ultimate ears and they are great too.

but between the ne7m and the re2, i prefer the re2 for build (other than cable which is rubbish), fit and overall sound. the ne7m allow me to skype with my ipod touch though.

Jun 16, 2009 at 5:29 AM Post #19 of 24
Haven't heard the 200v or 336, but have the NE-7 and ADDIEM. If you want detail, I don't think you can pass up the ADDIEM used for $35. I use Shure olives and they have good bass, not a super amount, but good.

Of course my biggest knock on the ADDIEM is in my ears they are finicky as far a placement...not deep enough, no bass, too deep, a little harsh, just right, mmmm, detail and instrument separation with a nice 3-D but average width headstage.

Jun 16, 2009 at 1:22 PM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrashingshrimp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While I'm sure tstarn06 would disagree, I thought the RE2 was like 30 percent better in the mids and highs, but much worse in the bass. If you're looking for true balance, than the UHP336 is better. But if you want some delicious clarity and the cost of microphonics and bass, you might consider the RE2.

Actually, I agree. I have owned RE2s for a long time (just sold my last pair), and I wanted to love those phones for the money, but the bass anemia caused me to part with them. I agree with your assessment, and also add a vote for the ADDIEMs as well. Excellent phones for $35.

Not sure about 30 percent, but the RE2s are more detailed than 336s. But I'd have to say the RE2s are the worst IEMs/canal phones I have ever owned for bass (in terms of fullness, not quality). With the T4, better, but still not enough.

Jun 16, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #21 of 24
UHP336 is $35 on amazon

sometimes price will help decide
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 16, 2009 at 4:02 PM Post #22 of 24
I just bought the NE7M today after reading favourable reviews all over the net and in this forum. I've had a few different Shure's before but never took a liking to them because they were so uncomfortable ( they went to far into my ear canals). The Shure's even made me stay away from in ears for a long time. I did hesitate before getting the NE7M as I was afraid they also would be uncomfortable. But, as I'm typing this I'm listening to "The Sounds" new album "Crossing the rubicon" with them. And I have to say I'm more than pleased! The NuForce's are very comfortable (for in ears that is...) and they have a very good bass without being boomy or boxy. Image is surprisingly wide and they do have fairly good separation. They are a very good value for the money (I'd say they whoop ass with some much more expensive in ears... )

The NuForce NE7M are highly recommended!

Jun 16, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, I agree. I have owned RE2s for a long time (just sold my last pair), and I wanted to love those phones for the money, but the bass anemia caused me to part with them. I agree with your assessment, and also add a vote for the ADDIEMs as well. Excellent phones for $35.

Not sure about 30 percent, but the RE2s are more detailed than 336s. But I'd have to say the RE2s are the worst IEMs/canal phones I have ever owned for bass (in terms of fullness, not quality). With the T4, better, but still not enough.

Hmm, right now I am set on the 336s, but I need to know how the detail compares. I understand that the RE2s are better in detail, mids and highs, but is it really significant? I mean, is it like "ibuds vs Anything else" kind of difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back