I need info on headphones with mics.
Sep 28, 2005 at 11:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

MexicanDragon

100+ Head-Fier
I have a buddy who might be getting a podcasting job, and he's looking into some nice headphone/mic combo's. He wanted me to find him some Sennheiser HMD25-1's. Headphones I know, but this delves a bit out of my comfort zone, so I'm throwing it out to you guys/gals. If anyone knows of a good set similiar to the HMD25-1's, or if they know if the HMD25-1's are great/good/horrible (doubtful), let me know. Before you ask, I don't know the budget, but the best price I've found on the HMD25-1's is about 340$. I don't know if that's too much, or the right range, or what. All pertinent info will be appreciated. Thanks.

**BRENT**

Sep 28, 2005 at 4:04 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by lifebot
are you talking about a headset?

or are you talking about earbuds that work as a mic in line-in encoding?

Headset, the HDM25-1 are presumably the HD25 with a mic attached. I see these a lot, and they seem to be the standard NFL announcer headsets.

Sep 28, 2005 at 4:48 PM Post #4 of 7
Hi...

Yes, I am talking about a headset with microphone.

http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser...headsets_03373

there's a link to the ones in question.

About the announcer comment, I've heard that as well. I was just hoping to find something nice for my friend that was cheaper than 350ish.

**BRENT**

Sep 28, 2005 at 6:28 PM Post #6 of 7
The Beyer DT234 Pro may be worth a look, the headset version of the DT231. These cost about twice as much as the DT231 here. Otherwise I agree that separate cans and mic may be worth considering, particularly if close miking distances are not required (i.e. quieter environment).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back