I need IEMs where the highs go on forever and have superb 3D soundstage
Mar 28, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #31 of 33
Quote:
I'm simply trying to get you to offer something other than a 'recommendation list'. You populate various 'seeking advice threads' with your suggestions, without ever offering any of your own observations. Not once do you ever say 'I heard a very wide soundstage, but it is compressed top-to-bottom', or 'very good instrument tone compared to the IE8 I have' (and so-on and so-on). One is left doubting whether you have ever owned, or even personally heard, any of the pricey gear you recommend. 

And yes, I would not doubt the ER4P/S offer a detailed and extended sound, but what have you observed yourself? Does it have bite? Is it detailed yet smooth? How do they compare/differ specifically with any of the other IEM's you've owned? I am left to believe you just regurgitate what you've read by others for each of your 'recommendations'. Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

=========================================

FYI, straight from the posting guidelines in the Terms of Service:

Please don't recommend equipment you don't own or otherwise don't have a reasonable amount of familiarity with. You wouldn't recommend someone a car you've never driven or suggest someone live in a country you haven't been to, so recommending headphones and equipment you haven't owned or used is unhelpful. Even if you've seen the same comments about something from a dozen members, save discussion of that if you're intending to buy it yourself.

I simply must quote this for posterity. Thank you, so VERY VERY much for stating what I had kept bottled inside over the past month or two I've been back. Words cannot describe how grateful I am for this. I usually can't call someone out without resorting to rudeness but you've managed to do so quite eloquently in this case.

I'm not sure of the reasons why one might do so but offering inaccurate information with no basis whatsoever is simply a disservice to the people one might be attempting to "help".

Again, an extra special thanks to cn11 for putting everything out there.

Mar 28, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #32 of 33
Quote:
I simply must quote this for posterity. Thank you, so VERY VERY much for stating what I had kept bottled inside over the past month or two I've been back. Words cannot describe how grateful I am for this. I usually can't call someone out without resorting to rudeness but you've managed to do so quite eloquently in this case.

I'm not sure of the reasons why one might do so but offering inaccurate information with no basis whatsoever is simply a disservice to the people one might be attempting to "help".

Again, an extra special thanks to cn11 for putting everything out there.

x2!

ZARIM has been asked by other members on numerous occasions (including myself) whether he has ever heard or owned any of the expensive IEMs he recommends. To date, I do not recall him ever responding to anyone's queries - but I do recall him PM'ing me in the past to ask my opinion on some earphones, and then (with no acknowledgement at all of my PM) he posted practically word for word what I'd said about them as if they were his own observations.

People here who are considering laying out a lot of money on gear have the right to know whether the person recommending it has actually ever heard it. It's easy enough to qualify an opinion by saying: "I haven't actually heard these, but I've read some very good reviews" and then perhaps include a link to a thread where the potential buyer can get some information from members who have hands-on experience with the gear.

Since it's against Head-Fi policy to recommend gear you haven't heard, it's perfectly acceptable to ask ZARIM, and anyone else recommending gear - if they've heard it or not, and to expect a response - yes or no!

Mar 28, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #33 of 33
Quote:
To put it bluntly; I don't know what the hell I am doing. I have this "thing" in my mind where I want balanced bass, razor crisp highs, and very clean seperation (3D).

I'm tired of all this over rated bass. More bass, MORE bass, MORE BASS... I don't buy it, and simply do not like it. I enjoy balanced music (particularly the highs and instuments)
I love pianos and would have and ear-gasm if each key sounded like molted gold being pored in my ears(that would be a good thing). I am not quite sure if any of this helps, but I tried.

Frogbeats C4, Nail 2 or DBA-02/Brainwavz B2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back