I need IEM recabling / repair help
Jul 9, 2016 at 7:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

notyetknown

New Head-Fier
I've been out of the headphone game for a while now. Mostly because of my priorities shifting towards college and also I had found my perfect combo. (Beyer COP and TDK BA200).
Sadly my IEMs had a freak accident with an angle grinder last week. I know, I know, I'm a terrible, reckless fool for using my sweet TDKs along side power tools, but they really do isolate like none other. 

I don't know much about rewiring and I would rather pay someone more experienced to do a better job.
That being said:
Can anyone recable / repair my TDK BA200s?

What's in the pictures is all that's left. Those 11,000 RPMs melted the cable remains right onto the motor. I was heartbroken.
There appears to be 1/2" - 1" of frayed wire left beneath the Y split, so I understand that that piece might have to be re-done too.
I'm not crazy about the high-dollar after market cables, I'm fine with Mogami or whatever the kids are using these days.

If you're up to it, or can refer me to someone who does this kind of work, message me.
Tell me what you can do and how much for your services.

Jul 20, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #2 of 2
I saw a post somewhere last week and one website definitely offers IEM reacabling. Not sure if your model is easy enough for that. I think Bengkel Macro too does that if i'm not wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back