I need IEM advice
Mar 20, 2024 at 9:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

oblivion34

New Head-Fier
Hello.
I’ve been using trueear Zero (blue) for a week now, but it feels like it’s missing something. My goal is to play games and listen to music. I can hear my opponent’s voice to my left, but I can be heard behind my left or in front of my left. I don’t know if it’s related to the depth of the scene or if it’s something I’m not used to. This is my first time using IEM headphones. Before this, I was using the Sennheiser HD700 and could locate opposing players as if I had placed them with my hand. It was an excellent headset. I live in Turkey and the conditions here are a bit harsh, I don’t think I can constantly try different brands and models. I want to evaluate it while the spring sales have started. Can you recommend me a nice model? My budget is $400, but if it’s a model you can go out and sit back with, I can be flexible as long as it doesn’t go over too much. I just want to put on my headphones and have fun. It will be connected to the Rodecaster Duo device and used. If you definitely recommend using an external DAC, I might buy it. Fiio K5 Pro is currently on sale on AliExpress. I think it will do the job and the device I use works really well. I would like to thank my friends in advance for sharing their opinions and suggestions.

Mar 22, 2024 at 10:52 PM Post #2 of 4
Hello.
I’ve been using trueear Zero (blue) for a week now, but it feels like it’s missing something. My goal is to play games and listen to music. I can hear my opponent’s voice to my left, but I can be heard behind my left or in front of my left. I don’t know if it’s related to the depth of the scene or if it’s something I’m not used to. This is my first time using IEM headphones. Before this, I was using the Sennheiser HD700 and could locate opposing players as if I had placed them with my hand. It was an excellent headset. I live in Turkey and the conditions here are a bit harsh, I don’t think I can constantly try different brands and models. I want to evaluate it while the spring sales have started. Can you recommend me a nice model? My budget is $400, but if it’s a model you can go out and sit back with, I can be flexible as long as it doesn’t go over too much. I just want to put on my headphones and have fun. It will be connected to the Rodecaster Duo device and used. If you definitely recommend using an external DAC, I might buy it. Fiio K5 Pro is currently on sale on AliExpress. I think it will do the job and the device I use works really well. I would like to thank my friends in advance for sharing their opinions and suggestions.
If you're looking for good spatial imaging, IEMs aren't really the way to go. You'd be better off with full-size for gaming. IEMs are great for music, but dedicated gaming headphones will likely be your best bet for gaming - Razer Black shark V2, Audeze Maxwell, HyperX Cloud Alpha, etc. The Harmonicdyne Zeus is a really excellent set of headphones though if you want another full-size set that can do a decent job at gaming and music on your budget. Sundara is decent, Sendy Aiva as well.

Mar 24, 2024 at 11:13 PM Post #3 of 4
I've got the blue ones and the Moondrop Starfield original are much better for gaming. The Final VR3000 are great, but not for music. The best I've gamed with are the Seeaudio Yume II and any of them can be powered with an Apple 3.5mm to USB adapter, though the Tanchjim Space is even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back