I need help with a money order, from someone within USA
Jan 15, 2004 at 9:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Spent&Bent

500+ Head-Fier
I have just bought several ebay items (tubes) that have to be paid with money order.

I did not pay well enough attention unfortunately, so I ended up buying stuff that is a hassle to pay.

here is the deal: I need someone from the USA that is willing to convert a paypal payment into a money order and pay both guys I won stuff from.
You get to keep some spare change for all your troubles ofcourse.

I have already people in mind that I would trust well enough but I dare not PM all of them with this.

Please help me out and give me a pm if you can, thanks a lot.

Jan 15, 2004 at 5:16 PM Post #3 of 13
I've used payingfast.com to pay a guy in canada, but it can be used for US payments too. You just pay a charge of $7 i think and they'll send a cheque to the seller. Pretty smart.

It proerbly does exacly the same as service suggested by chadbang though.

Jan 15, 2004 at 7:18 PM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

bidpay.com is now Western Union Auction Payments. You will automatically be redirected to www.auctionpayments.com in 5 seconds.

I guess there's no bidpay anymore...

Jan 16, 2004 at 4:12 AM Post #6 of 13
Thanks for the replies, the thing is I do not have a credit card.... if I can get someone to accept a paypal payment or wire transfer from my bank I could have this thing done.

I have done lots of paypal transactions already, also with people here.
Also my bank is pretty reliable I guess, so if anyone would care to help me out by sending some money to them after they get it from me I'd be very grateful.

Anyway I willo ask at my bank today myself too maybe I can get the payment there myself in reasonable time I am new to this.

Jan 16, 2004 at 4:52 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by Wodgy
Just curious... I've noticed that several European Head-Fiers don't have credit cards. Are credit cards just not popular in Europe?

Kind of true, at least both of my sister who live in Europe don't have credit cards.

Jan 16, 2004 at 10:43 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Just curious... I've noticed that several European Head-Fiers don't have credit cards. Are credit cards just not popular in Europe?

Most of the people here use cards only for withdrawing money from the bank machines. These kind of cards can not be used for paying online. Visa/Master Card are pretty expensive here.

On the other hand when ordering from ebay, a lot of users accept wire/bank transfer, so you don' t need a credit card anyway.

Jan 16, 2004 at 4:18 PM Post #11 of 13
Canman is helping me out on this now, he's a great guy, and there's more of those here.
head-fi is great, thanks a lot people.

Jan 18, 2004 at 10:08 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

I got a visa card, but it's setup as a debit card. I use it all the time, I usually dont bother going around with cash. The only problem is, that my school dont accept credit cards, which suck...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back