I need help with a few questions about Schiit Bifrost before I order one..
May 7, 2013 at 11:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

the8o88y

Head-Fier
Hey guys! I'm planning to buy a Bifrost to pair with a Lyr and HE-500 cans. I have a Dell XPS 8500 desktop that I've had for a few months.

-Under what circumstance(s) should I order with the analog and / or usb upgrade?

-What input should I use with pc for the best audio quality? (usb, optical, spdif)

Thanks!

May 7, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
Hey guys! I'm planning to buy a Bifrost to pair with a Lyr and HE-500 cans. I have a Dell XPS 8500 desktop that I've had for a few months.

-Under what circumstance(s) should I order with the analog and / or usb upgrade?

-What input should I use with pc for the best audio quality? (usb, optical, spdif)

Thanks!

If you every think you are going to use USB from your source, then I would consider getting the USB addition (it will be the upgraded version by default).  I have used the optical and USB inputs...on my system, USB sounded better at first but I think it was because I was using a cheap optical cable.  USB sounds really good for me using Foobar2000 with the WASAPI (bit-perfect) plug-in (I use it primarily).

I think any input you choose will sound just fine as long as your computer supports it.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Users who are viewing this thread

Back