i need help to install more ram for my laptop
Jul 18, 2018 at 9:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

lupacexi

New Head-Fier
hello, my laptop is a bit slow compared to my work needs. So I decided to add more ram to it. hmm i have an extra ram from my old laptop. I decided to install it but after reboot I did not see that ram in my laptop. I do not know how to do it. I need some help.hello, my laptop is a bit slow compared to my work needs. So I decided to add more ram to it. hmm i have an extra ram from my old laptop. I decided to install it but after reboot I did not see that ram in my laptop. I do not know how to do it. I need some help.

Jul 18, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #2 of 7
There are a lot of different memory types and even those using the same physical connector may not be compatible

Most RAM manufacturer’s web sites have a place to check the compatibility of memory vs. make/model of your system.

Depending on the laptop, you might also have to go into your BIOS settings to manually update the memory configuration.

Other than reseating the memory to make sure it’s installed correctly, I would do the above two things. If that doesn’t help, it would be helpful if you posted the mak/model of both laptops and what Operating Systems are being used.

Jul 25, 2018 at 9:22 PM Post #3 of 7
Telling us what laptop you're using will help greatly.

It could very well be that your older laptop (donor laptop) could have ram sticks that are not compatible with your main laptop.
Again, make/model of both laptops will be helpful (like what bfreedma said).

A picture might help too.

Oct 29, 2018 at 10:38 PM Post #5 of 7
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back