I need help to decide my first IEM between W3 and UM3X!
Jan 17, 2012 at 9:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

RD601

New Head-Fier
Hello,

This is my first time posting a list on Head-Fi and trying to decide between Westone 3 and Westone UM3X. I have read about them and people's comments and expericence. I do know W3 has great bass and highs and UM3x has a Neutral sound with great Mids. I was thinking about getting W3 because of the bass but, i would like to hear the mids. UM3X on the other hand is less bass but, control and tight with great mids. The type of music I listen to is: Rock, Metal, Alternative, Punk, Rave, Funk, House, Trance, and some, Classical and Jazz.

I would really appreciate the help.

thanks~

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #2 of 6
Neither is better than the other.  They are just different.  Bass is actually strong on both. 

UM3X is more-mid focused and much drier, blander sounding being a stage monitor.  W3 is crisper sounding, big and bold....more fun than accurate.  I've enjoyed both but prefer W3.

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #3 of 6

Quote:
The type of music I listen to is: Rock, Metal, Alternative, Punk, Rave, Funk, House, Trance, and some, Classical and Jazz.

I would really appreciate the help.

thanks~

If you pretty much listen to everything, why not take a look at the W4. The UM3X is great for it's mids/vocals with a comparatively smaller soundstage, but the W4 is good for literally everything. 

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
Neither is better than the other.  They are just different.  Bass is actually strong on both. 

UM3X is more-mid focused and much drier, blander sounding being a stage monitor.  W3 is crisper sounding, big and bold....more fun that accurate.  I've enjoyed both.

How does the W3 compare to FX700, as both are V shaped?

Jan 18, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #6 of 6
I own both.  Between the two I prefer the W3.  The um3x has amazing detail and blah blah blah....but the W3's is just a fun sounding IEM to me.  W3 sounds full, has good bass etc.  I guess it all comes down to what you prefer, but if I were recommending an IEM to someone who had never had one before, I think the W3 would be received better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back