I need help on what to buy: iem's or amp?
Dec 22, 2006 at 7:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

apnk

Headphoneus Supremus
Ok so my issue is this, I just sold my PPAv2 because I have no desk space in my apartment and every weekend I am coming home from school to help/visit my parents and carrying it is an annoyance. So I need a new portable amp but at the same time I want to try some new iems, mainly the e500's. I don't know what to do, here are my choices:

1) Buy Go-vibe and keep what I have.
2) Sell one pair of UM2 (sister took the other pair) and buy a E500 (I think I can afford it) and no amp, just use the headphone out from my Echo DJ.
3) Sell UM2, buy ER4p and buy amp.
4) Sell DT990 and UM2, buy amp and E500's
5) Don't buy anything, keep what I have.

The first choice is cheaper but I am not happy with the UM2 sound, mids are funky and veiled imo and my old E4's had more detail (or I could repurchase some E4's
confused.gif
). Second choice is more expensive but my DT990's sound kinda dull without an amp. Third choice is very interesting but will the light bass get to me? I am leaning to the 3rd choice but hell I dunno. Fourth choice, I don't think that will happen, but my apartment is pretty noisy sometimes and my DT990 will blow my ears if I turn it up, go to the just iem route?

Thanks for the help!!!

Dec 23, 2006 at 1:08 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickenGod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Keep your UM2s, save money for the Tomahawk =].

Seconded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back