I need help in choosing between Grado sr60i and Grado sr80i haha :)
Jan 6, 2014 at 7:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

TheAstray

New Head-Fier
hi guys! I'm looking for my first audiophile headphones. I've seen the Grado sr60i and the sr80i's in so many websites(all have positive reviews). I'm just wondering about their bass. Some people say that sr60i has more bass than the sr80i,while others say that sr80i has more bass. It's quite confusing. Sadly, I can't try the headphones myself so I depend on reviews and what people say. Right now I am on the sr80i's side. thanks guys! :)

Jan 6, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #2 of 7
Hi,

If you want open on-ear headphones with good bass response you should strongly consider Yamaha HPH-200.
I haven't tried any Grados but I've read that Sr225i is comparable with HPH-200 in terms of sound quality and you can get new HPH-200 nowadays for roughly the same price of Sr80i.

Best Luck!

Jan 6, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #3 of 7
I honestly didn't hear much of a difference between them when I tried them myself. I think maybe the SR-60 was the bassier of the two. I really wouldn't recommend grado's if you're looking for good bass though.

Jan 7, 2014 at 6:23 AM Post #5 of 7
  I honestly didn't hear much of a difference between them when I tried them myself. I think maybe the SR-60 was the bassier of the two. I really wouldn't recommend grado's if you're looking for good bass though.

Grados have good bass....they just don't have a lot of bass....what is there is very good.....imo   Tight and fast

Both the 60 and the 80 are very good for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back