I need help i'm looking for the best 500$ headphone amp for beyer dynamics T1... tame the high, add mid resolution and bass control, add bass texture and dynamics too
Jan 30, 2012 at 3:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

sinae

100+ Head-Fier
Should i go with Lyr, Vahalla, Soha II, Jade audio, mung fa, Wa2 .. What are your choice and why?

Would a total SS discrete headphone amp be interesting like http://www.headphoneamplifiersusb.com/novoheadphoneamplifier.htm

Of course one day ill step up to csp-2 but for now I'm looking for a very good tube amp at lower cost to tame T1 piecing high and add resolution too the midrange and control the bass..

I'm quite disapointing of my T1 with my Quinpu mkII 6000 amp... and RME soundcard

i'm already on the waiting list for bifrost so that base is covered but i need the amp and can't afford the CSP2+

Feb 7, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #3 of 6
In my research on amps I see that people like the Crack with their T1's. I have the Crack for my 650's. In that price range you could do the Crack + Speedball and nicer tubes.

Feb 7, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
Should i go with Lyr, Vahalla, Soha II, Jade audio, mung fa, Wa2 .. What are your choice and why?

Would a total SS discrete headphone amp be interesting like http://www.headphoneamplifiersusb.com/novoheadphoneamplifier.htm

Of course one day ill step up to csp-2 but for now I'm looking for a very good tube amp at lower cost to tame T1 piecing high and add resolution too the midrange and control the bass..

I'm quite disapointing of my T1 with my Quinpu mkII 6000 amp... and RME soundcard

i'm already on the waiting list for bifrost so that base is covered but i need the amp and can't afford the CSP2+

Cans like the T1s, HD800s, HE-6s, etc....need a good supporting cast upfront for them to really hit their stride. So yes a CSP-2+ or Woo WA2 (or even WA22) would be ideal with a killer DAC.

I can't stress enough with headphones at this level, its about the entire rig...source/dac/amp/tubes/cables....get it right upstream and sit back an be amazed.

For a short term stop gap, looks like you're definitely going in the right direction. The Bifrost should be a good improvement IMO. With regards to amps, I would personally recommend the Schiit Valhalla. A great OTL tube amp that would be a great match for the T1s in your price range. And they look quite good together (Bifrost / Valhalla).
smile.gif

Feb 8, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #6 of 6
good thx for helping me all..

If i can find the crack with upgrade, i might go for it...

The thing is i'm not even sure that I will keep or not the T1 so if i buy a costly OTL amp like WA2. I'm might need to sell it and loose money but in the end my budget is limited, i can't loose too much on trial and error..

I'm also waiting for a pair of Koss ESP-950 that I would need to pair with an Exstata amp that I would need to find to make them sing like they should.. so i can compare both T1 and ESP-950

I wish audeze would have done a light LCD3 ... my head just can't take that much weight (550g)...

I'm kinda looking for LCD3 sound in a lighter comfortable phone.. :frowning2:

it's to produce electronic music mostly electro, techno, breakbeat... Imaging is important since i need to position instruments in space.. my path would need to be mostly neutral, or maybe a little warm...
bass would need to be textured, snappy with extensions, etc..

also mid resolution and blending with bass and high is very important

Users who are viewing this thread

Back