I need help deciding which headphones I should get.
Mar 12, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #16 of 24

Quote:
I own the HD650 and buying either the HD800, LCD-2, LCD-3, HiFiMAN HE6, D7000 or T1 but leaning towards LCD's. So I have no experience with cheap headphones I was just making hyperbole regarding the value of the M50's, nothing literal but the truth is that they are unbeatable for their value/price and that's the point of my metaphorical statement :)

They're UNBEATABLE for their value/price? More huge overstatements..and you haven't even owned them? How does one fall into the hype so heavily without extended listening to them and brainwashing?

Mar 12, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #17 of 24

Quote:
I'm saying for $110 that are the best value, what's wrong with you people. Otherwise what is a better value for that price $110 and btw I have no experience with cheap headphones so I just saying what I read about best value headphones in reviews.

Nothing personal against you man. I just don't like too much hype, especially based on hearsay. It's unhelpful and makes people waste money.

My advice to the op was to research and save up for better headphones if he can, if he can't I told him where to get the M50s for his price range lol.

Mar 12, 2012 at 10:04 PM Post #18 of 24

Quote:
LOL relax buddy, it's a forum, you say whatever you think is the truth, you totally have the right to do that, so do I... So that's just what I read over hundreds of websites, M50's are best value for $150 (u can get them for cheaper. Head-Fi reviews, Inner Fidelity, etc... all agree on that in their reviews, I'm not making any statements.

The problem is that its not even your opinion, you're just spewing out something you read somewhere, and I really doubt any of those places said they're outright the best value for X price because they avoid saying things that will disappoint people when they're headphones don't sound anything like any quality $600 headphone. I'll stop now and just say the M50s aren't bad, they're actually good.

Mar 13, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #19 of 24
So fitting that one of the posts floating on the top of the board right now is the "My Number One Gripe with Head-Fi Forum Members."  And don't call it hyperbole when it obviously wasn't.  People come here seeking advice, noobs like myself for example, and don't need statements like "M50 is only $150, tax $40 off you parents and get them, they are amazing. Read reviews on them, they are as good as a $600 headphone," with no clear hyperbolic indication.
Quote:
I'm saying for $110 that are the best value, what's wrong with you people. Otherwise what is a better value for that price $110 and btw I have no experience with cheap headphones so I just saying what I read about best value headphones in reviews.

Mar 13, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #21 of 24
Looks like you want to argue, actually.

OP: sorry this thread wasn't more informative for you. You might want to look at this thread on a $79 headphone that some of its fans are calling bassy-- http://www.head-fi.org/t/571216/koss-pro-dj-100-the-budget-king
I was thinking of buying a pair of them secondhand from another member, but shipping costs from him to me (Canada to Singapore) would have been too much. PM me if you'd like a link to the WTS thread, I'll hook you up.
And about the M50: I tried them once, in a store, and thought they were pretty decent. Sorry, no stronger impression than that. I wasn't blown away but they sounded nice to me.

Mar 13, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #22 of 24

Quote:
So fitting that one of the posts floating on the top of the board right now is the "My Number One Gripe with Head-Fi Forum Members."  And don't call it hyperbole when it obviously wasn't.  People come here seeking advice, noobs like myself for example, and don't need statements like "M50 is only $150, tax $40 off you parents and get them, they are amazing. Read reviews on them, they are as good as a $600 headphone," with no clear hyperbolic indication.

Meanwhile in said thread...

Mar 13, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #23 of 24
Just forget it guys. No need to argue about this. Everyone should be smart enough to understand that almost all posts on a forum are just opinions, however they are obtained. If you have the money to spend on head-fi then you should take some time to go read up, research, and maybe try out for yourselves.

Mar 13, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #24 of 24

Quote:
Yea, there was a thread on slickdeals about a week ago about the M50s going on sale for $10 less than normal price on amazon. Everyone was just hyping the M50s too. I was like, guys if you're going to spend that much on some headphones, you should probably at least read up on it and maybe try it out yourselves before purchasing; different people have different headphone needs and wte; they had the time and it's not like it was a great deal. All they did was point me to this chart:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/category/over-ear

saying how the M50s were ranked right next to the $1000 Audeze LCD-2's so they were obviously making a good purchase lol.

I don't own either of these but there's something really wrong about having these two headphones compared to each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back