I need help deciding on sealed headphones.
Jun 15, 2005 at 5:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

aeowap

100+ Head-Fier
I know. All this information scattered across the forum and I still can't decide. Sad, huh?
rolleyes.gif

Anywho, I have a pair of Sennheiser HD497s and they sound great on my CD player. However, I just bought an IAudio M3 to listen to while I work and I've found that I tend to need more isolation on most days. Also, connected to the M3, the 497s have too much treble and I really begin to notice how rolled off the bass is in comparison. So what I'm looking for is a sealed headphone (because IEMs would provide too much isolation and I constantly take them on and off) with a more balanced sound than the 497s. A little less treble, a little more bass, possibly a more pronounced midrange, but that should sort itself out with less treble (I think).
Anywho, I can pay up to around a hundred dollars and I've been looking at a few different ones - the Beyer DT 231, the Senn HD 280 Pro, and the Senn HD 25-sp - and I could really use some help from people who know what they sound like or have some possible alternatives in that price range.
Thank you all for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back