CodeNameMLs

New Head-Fier
Ok I currently Own 4 sets of Headphones

Monster Copper Turbines
Shure 530's
Klipcsh S4i
and
Over Ear Shure 440's

I'm Looking into buying a new IE at the expense of my Monsters and Shure's (selling them to buy a new pair)

The Question is should I?

I was looking at ETY ER 4 P-T and getting the custom mold offer that they have.

How do these compare to the Coppers, and the 530's

Like does it make sense to sell those 2 pairs for the one pair with an upgraded molding?

I'm keeping the S4i's namely for a back-up, they're to cheap and decent to get rid of.

I'm definitly open to suggestions. But It needs to keep into account that I want to sell my other headphones for something better and more versitile. I find myself using each set for a different application and I'd rather settle with just one great pairs at around the price I'd get for the 2 In-ears.

looks like 
$140 for Coppers
and
$IDK for the Shure's

Nov 14, 2011 at 10:09 PM Post #2 of 5
I would say if you like the clearer sound of the Shure 530 over the boomier Monster Turbine, then I think you should look into the newer Shure 535.  I haven't heard it, but owners here say the 535 is better than the 530 in both the highs, bass and clarity.

I have the ER4P and it is probably the king among universal IEMs of details and clarity.  Compared to the Shure, the ER4P bass will seem leaner, but enough listening with the ER4P will reveal that the bass is sufficient and very detailed.  If you happen to use it with an amp or a DAP that can give it clean bass boost (like the Cowon players with BBE), the bass of the ER4P can be plentiful and satisfying.

The ER4P will probably make you want to not listen to the S4i, unless you really like crushing bass and blistering highs!!

Nov 15, 2011 at 1:28 AM Post #3 of 5
I keep the s4i when i'm working out and just wana have background music. It has the inline remote and they are very light so I really like them, just not for plane rides, or really most other applications.

Does anyone know if there is a way or place that you can get custom molds for the 535's or 530's like the ETY's, i dont want to spend the amount needed for real customs but i still want the better fit.

Nov 15, 2011 at 1:44 AM Post #4 of 5
There are a couple of companies that do it, Kozee is one of the cheapest, http://kozeesolutions.com/product/42/universal_reshell

Quote:
I keep the s4i when i'm working out and just wana have background music. It has the inline remote and they are very light so I really like them, just not for plane rides, or really most other applications.

Does anyone know if there is a way or place that you can get custom molds for the 535's or 530's like the ETY's, i dont want to spend the amount needed for real customs but i still want the better fit.

Nov 15, 2011 at 3:27 AM Post #5 of 5

Quote:

Instead of tips, you could get someone like fisher (inearz) or unique melody to reshell the shures completly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back