I need help deciding guys!
Nov 11, 2009 at 8:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

mdm510

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all. So I'm moving January to Washington state to start a new life of my own with my girlfriend. It's the country life and theres not really much of wi-fi
tongue.gif
But friday im going to be ordering the Zune HD or iPod Touch 3G. I want good sound. But I also want some wi-fi, some apps wouldn't hurt =]. I'm wondering, do you exactly have to be connected to a person's wi-fi in order to get connection with the iPod Touch 3G? Or is it one of those deals where it can automatically pick up some specific signal anywhere? This has been driving me crazy, I wish I could have them both, but my god economy. Anyway guys can you all give me your opinions on each device? Tell me what you think I should get.

Thank you so much!

-Mikey

Nov 11, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #2 of 2
To use the wifi on your devices you have to have a wifi router and internet. There is internet on the country side as well (satellite). If anyone has internet, they can add a wifi router for $50, most likely a wifi N on the country side. The ipod pics up the wifi networks. they are mostly blocked by a password though. You need to choose the network you want to use and the device connects if it is not protected by a password or if you know the password. Any known and already introduced wifi network will be picked up automatically if you are in range (where you won't be
smily_headphones1.gif
) There is no difference between the Zune HD and the iPod 3G in the sense of wifi. The 3G here means 3rd generation iPod, not 3rd generation GSM phone network! The iPod Touch is not a phone!!!!! It's a DAP (Digital Audio Player). Get an iPod for the 90 000 apps though. And get a router for your internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back