I need help choosing the right IEM
Nov 25, 2009 at 5:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

zunairryk

New Head-Fier
okay so im new to this forum and dont really know much about the headphones. Basically im looking for an earphone with DEEP bass. Currently im using v-moda vibes, they have good bass, but its not so deep, more like "boomy", and if i turn the bass settings up, it gives me headache lol.

I did research about the earphones that give deep bass

so from wt i understand, in terms of bass

Fx500=cks70 > ah-710 (correct me if im wrong )

but then i researched more and learned about super.fi 5 eb and atrio m5, now im not sure which ones are best bang for the buck. I do realize that super.fi 5 eb and m5 are like 3 + years old, but according to reviews these two gives the best bass ever, now i dont know if it means the bass is really deep or "thumpy".

Also i dont see much talks about bose in ear, and beats tour by monster on these forums, they both seems to have good reviews about bass too....

Im leaning towards the cks70, which i think are great value for under $100 and can compete with high end earphones, but i would really appreciate the feedback on other IEMs that i have mentioned.

Finaly, if i buy cks70, its going to be from seyo-shop.com, does anyone know if this site is any good in terms of honoring warranty and such.

Thanks

Nov 26, 2009 at 12:49 AM Post #3 of 8
Nov 26, 2009 at 12:51 AM Post #4 of 8
I'm not a bass person but I'll just chime in and say that the Bose IEs aren't talked about for a reason - they have exactly the kind of bass you don't want. I don't know if the beats tour are similar to the regular (around-ear) beats, but the regular beats are not what you're looking for either.

If I were looking for deep, textured bass I'd go with the Turbines, but I have not heard the CKS70 or the FX500 (or the new Denons for that matter).

Nov 26, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
C710 or C751

but i thought FX500 had more bass than c710 ?
confused_face(1).gif

Well im trying to decide between c710 and cks70 now, since both are under $100 and give best value for the money.

Like i mentioned already, after reading reviews, i think cks70 has more bass than c710 and fx500 (obv i could be wrong here), but i dont know whether they have more "boomy" bass or deep/punchy bass.
I dont want to buy cks70 if they are just like v-moda vibe, i want something with deep bass

Nov 27, 2009 at 11:28 AM Post #8 of 8
Can't comment on any 'phones other than the M5's - which should you buy, you will not be disappointed. Masses of deep (and quality) bass. I've had mine for ages and still love them....a bit more expensive than the two you are looking at now though, but you probably wouldn't feel the need to upgrade for a little longer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back