I need help choosing between these Superlux cans: 661, 668B, and 681 Evo
Oct 31, 2013 at 5:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

d4ryl3

New Head-Fier
I mainly listen to Pop/Rock genre, mostly to Jason Mraz and Hillsong. Some Jazz and Bossa Nova, too. No Hip-hops or Heavy Metals. I've read quite a number of reviews and right now I'm leaning towards the Evos. The sound quality and comfort are important to me.

Right now, these headphones possibly fit my criteria and budget. Any ideas? Thank you.

Oct 31, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #2 of 10
My gut says go for the HD681 EVOs.

Nov 4, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #5 of 10
Go with the HD681 Evos. In my humble opinion, they sounded better than my AT-M50 :wink:

Nov 6, 2013 at 3:54 AM Post #7 of 10

Thanks, man. I appreciate the input. :)

No probz... The instrument separation are better & clearer on my EVOs when you listen to Jazz (think the term is better soundstage), bass are just nice to my liking... not as strong M50, a fun pair of cans just like M50. Only thing is out of the box, it's not as comfy as the M50. You'll need some time to season the clamping band to fit it to your head so that you won't feel so tight. After seasoning it, it's actually quite comfy. Also, I strongly recommend you to swap the faux leather pads to the extra velours to add the comfiness of the cans. Cheers!

Nov 7, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #8 of 10
  No probz... The instrument separation are better & clearer on my EVOs when you listen to Jazz (think the term is better soundstage), bass are just nice to my liking... not as strong M50, a fun pair of cans just like M50. Only thing is out of the box, it's not as comfy as the M50. You'll need some time to season the clamping band to fit it to your head so that you won't feel so tight. After seasoning it, it's actually quite comfy. Also, I strongly recommend you to swap the faux leather pads to the extra velours to add the comfiness of the cans. Cheers!

Yeah, soundstage, I guess that's what I was looking for. I see. I've seen some reviews and the package did not come with extra velour pads with it. Also, did you run yours through burn in? If yes, for how long? Thanks again.

Nov 7, 2013 at 4:23 AM Post #9 of 10

Yeah, soundstage, I guess that's what I was looking for. I see. I've seen some reviews and the package did not come with extra velour pads with it. Also, did you run yours through burn in? If yes, for how long? Thanks again.

New EVOs comes with new velour pads (it's printed on the box)... so if yours don't come with the velour pads, most probably they are old stock... I got my EVOs just over a month. I did notice that it sounded better after a few hours of listenning and definately sounded better not to mention more comfy after I switched them with the included velour pads. Just enjoy the cans... no need to think abt the hrs of burning in... lolx :D

I actually prefer to use this compared to my M50 as it's less bulky, lighter and of course i prefer the short swapable cable than the coiled cable in my M50.

Nov 7, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #10 of 10
  New EVOs comes with new velour pads (it's printed on the box)... so if yours don't come with the velour pads, most probably they are old stock... I got my EVOs just over a month. I did notice that it sounded better after a few hours of listenning and definately sounded better not to mention more comfy after I switched them with the included velour pads. Just enjoy the cans... no need to think abt the hrs of burning in... lolx :D

I actually prefer to use this compared to my M50 as it's less bulky, lighter and of course i prefer the short swapable cable than the coiled cable in my M50.

I just asked the local retailer and they said their EVOs don't have extra velours. :frowning2: I guess I'll have to buy them separately. Thanks for all your help. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back