I need help choosing a good pair of in ear monitors around the price range of 100-150, they will be for a wide range of music
Oct 21, 2014 at 8:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

21aidan98

New Head-Fier
Currently I am researching what would be a good pair of in ear headphones, In the past the only semi decent pair of ear buds I have owned were the Phiaton Modernas. I am currently using a cheap pair of Panasonics. They main ear buds I have been looking into are the Beyerdynamic iDX 160 iE, Sennheiser Momentum, Klipsch X4i in ear headphones, and the Shure SE215. If anyone has a recommendation between those or if you recommend something else that would be great. I'm not looking for anything but in ears as I already have Audio Technica ATH-M50's. Also I am new to this if you could explain why you would recommend a certain product, that would be great.
Thanks

Oct 23, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #3 of 3
Normally, I would recommend the SE215s, but the RHA MA750i is currently on sale for a whooping 40% off at Newegg, so they're probably your best bet at the moment. It performs just as well as the SE215s in both mids and highs, but exceeds the SE215s in the lows. The trade off is in its construction. While the earpiece is made from stainless steel, the cables are not detachable, and with cables being the main reason for failure in IEMs, you might want to factor that into your decision. Despite this issue, I would still pick these up because of its amazing price. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826901004

Users who are viewing this thread

Back