I need help again...
Nov 13, 2001 at 11:43 PM Post #31 of 40
Like I said it is acuracy and detail that I need. I will be analysing mp3s and other formats for subtle differences. Like a fraunhofer 128k mp3 versus a L.A.M.E. 128mp3 and of course then comparing that to the original sound of the cd etc etc. Anyways I've just orderd the Sony V6s so I guess I'm stuck with that. I'll also be getting the beyer pads as they seem to increase proformace on the sonys. Thanks gluegun.

Nov 14, 2001 at 12:03 AM Post #32 of 40
Oh, for diffs in mp3's?

V6's ALL THE WAY!! They have that uber-treble detail that you will need...

But make sure you have a good sound card--AT LEAST Turtle Beach Santa Cruz!!

Preferably Audiphile 24/96.

Nothing from Creative.

Nov 14, 2001 at 12:44 AM Post #34 of 40
Well, what do you have now? And what have you done to make your case extra quiet?

And what is your PC's CD-Rom? Do you have a stand alone CD player to compare it to?

Yea, with an SBLive, it was difficult for me to tell the diff between a 128 and a 192 kb trance mp3....with my dt831's, even (my friend could do it w/his ksc-50's in about 5 seconds though....he knows mp3's more than me....)

ICQ me, and I'll hook ya up.

Nov 14, 2001 at 12:55 AM Post #36 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by Mayhem
so gluegun you think I should get the sonys over the denons? Since you own both of them I thought I would ask.

LOL! See, gluegun, this is why you have to stop giving advice like that!
tongue.gif

by the way, be sure to test out making MP3's using EAC to convert cd's to wav's, then using LAME to convert the wav's to mp3. This is what I use and I find that it works extremely well. my mp3's sound great!

Nov 14, 2001 at 1:09 AM Post #37 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by Neruda

LOL! See, gluegun, this is why you have to stop giving advice like that!
tongue.gif

by the way, be sure to test out making MP3's using EAC to convert cd's to wav's, then using LAME to convert the wav's to mp3. This is what I use and I find that it works extremely well. my mp3's sound great!

Heh. Your talking to a fanatic.
wink.gif
I sure do use EAC and Lame.
And my creative cdrom has the AcurateStream™ feature.
By the way what command line options do you use with lame and with what version.

Nov 14, 2001 at 1:23 AM Post #38 of 40
I'm using EAC version 0.9 prebeta 7 (apparently I should download a newer version). I have it set to "high quality" and the bitrate is a mere 256k. I did this becuase I was expecting to get a portable HD player and wanted a bitrate that wasn't too lossy but didn't take up as much space as 320k. Ironically, I have yet to buy a portable HD player
wink.gif

what's the best method for ripping that you've found?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back