I need full-sized headphones for use with portable Cowon D20 mp3 player without amp.
Aug 30, 2013 at 3:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

yavormoskov

100+ Head-Fier
I just ordered Cowon D20 player from Japan + Audio Technica  ATH-CKM500 in-ear headphones. But I also need full sized balanced headphones. I have a tight  budget so they have to survive a long time. I do not know too much but when I listened to the Beats at my local store I decided I will never ever listen to such crappy sound. I am going to listen music mostly from my Cowon and sometimes from my Hi-Fi system. Also I like to be able to listen to Mozart, Spanish acoustic guitar, latino, classical rock, church choir music, scottish bagpipers, reggae music. You get the point:) They have to be really rugged, good sounding for all kinds of music and to be able to listen without an amplifier. So far I chose some. Tell me what you think and/or suggest more. 
 1. Audio-Technica ATH-PRO500MK2 (looks very rugged and the price of 100$ is great too but not sure if it is suitable for all kinds of music). 
 2. Audio-Technica ATH-ES700 (it looks bombproof but you can not detach the cable:frowning2:)
 3. V-MODA Crossfade LP2 (very cool look and a lot of accessories included, but I do not know about the sound).
 4. Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro (It is really nice to regulate the bass and to change everything that wears out on them and to add mic for using with skype). 
 5. AKG K181DJ (they look great and have bass switch similar to Beyerdynamic but not sure about durability of the plastic swivels and are they okay for portable players?). 
 6. Sennheiser HD25-1 II. 

Waiting for your advice. Thank you.

Aug 30, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #2 of 3
Many headphones in your budget seems to either have a v-shaped sound sig, or just a lot of bass. Can't come up with any headphones atm, but maybe look into: http://www.head-fi.org/t/625124/over-performing-over-achieving-headphones-iems-for-their-price-range-top-cost-effective-cans-iems

Aug 30, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #3 of 3
I looked already at the thread you posted a link for, but I did not found what I am looking for:frowning2: Maybe I should add to the list Sennhaiser Amperior headphones because according to specs they are more portable electronics friendly and right now I see you can find them cheaper than Hd 25-1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back