I need custom molds for my UE 10's where to buy?
Sep 14, 2008 at 9:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Anacondastan

WARNING: Incomplete Trades. See feedback.
I prefer to buy them from retailers that send out the kits to make your own impressions.

Thanks

Sep 14, 2008 at 10:11 PM Post #2 of 3
I would advise against that because you have to go deep into your ear canal for a good impression to be made and you have to clean the wax out of your ears. If you never had experience with making ear molds, you might risk damaging your ear drum. Paying $30-$50 for a certified audiologist to do it is highly recommended. However, if you still are bent on doing it then I believe a company called Avery supplies you with materials to make your own molds.

Sep 14, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #3 of 3
i agree with the above poster. I got my impressions done professionally at UE and the audiologist went so deep in my ear it almost scared me.

Basically it was like the point where i stick a qtip in my ear and dont want to go any further because i feel like its going to damage something, then he basically went way past that.

I would definately get it professionally done, i shudder at the thought of damaging your eardrum. Plus your molds might not be as good as if you got them done professionally.

Not liable for anything
tongue.gif

just my 2 cents

Users who are viewing this thread

Back