I need clarity and soundstage!
May 1, 2007 at 6:32 PM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by theBigD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i own akg 701 and ety and i would say that is exactly what you are looking for. just dont expect to go out in public with! also akg customer support is non existant. mine broke after two months, ive been trying to get support for 4 weeks now. i am intrigued by new denons. i wonder if they might be a worthy contender for what you are looking for? of course maybe their customer service is just as bad. but headphones look a little more durable than akg and you could go out in public without people thinking you talk to aliens
wink.gif

What broke on your AKGs out of curiosity?

May 1, 2007 at 6:35 PM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrysoberyl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Having upgraded from an xfi to a 0404,I'm also in search for the right full size cans.I currently own HD 595,but although quite decent,they're not up to the performance I'd like...that means for me that they are slightly muddy and they lack some air between the voices.The soundstage is nothing impressive,either.
My question is: which headphone would give me exceptional clarity,separation,and BIG soundstage for less than 300$? Maybe it'll help if I say that I absolutely love the sound signature of Etys,but I need the soundstage that they lack.
Thanks for your help!

Thanks to your post, I am putting an eye on K701 or DT880. I have decided that Senns just don't cut it for Ety junkie like me.

And since you are an Ety owner, there's a fix for that Soundstage. Get yourself a Xin SuperMicro-IV and I can guarantee that your jaw will drop with the width of soundstage coming from your ER-4 - no joke, as if the sound are taken out from the head and placed 360 degree outside, and this from an IEM! - I believe no other amp synergize that superbly with ER-4

May 1, 2007 at 6:36 PM Post #18 of 18
Soundstage and clarity? Definetly Beyerdynamic DT-880. Thats the two things those headphones are made of, uber-airy clarity and detailing combined with good soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back