I need cheap bluetooth recommendations
Feb 10, 2015 at 2:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mclldavidson

100+ Head-Fier
I have some ATH M50's and they sound great but I am tired of the cords and one of the ear pieces is super glued on and the ear pieces do not set right.  I am not obsessive about the sound quality so keep that in mind, I just want some cheap and decent headphones that are bluetooth.  I know someone who had some Skullcandy Hesh 2 bluetooth and they are very comfortable and sound good enough for me but they are $100.  I was thinking about the monoprice bluetooth since I really liked their cheap dj style headphones, I have also considered some of the Nakamichi bluetooth headphones.  

Mar 9, 2015 at 11:26 PM Post #4 of 5
I've only experience with high level bt headphones, but the meelectronics are decent for the price. I've tried the matrix2, cheaper and better than skullcandy, and the rumble, which had a cheap build but a nice fresh sound. It is supposed to be extra bass but forget the level of AT.
A guy told me the august e650 are good.

Another option is to buy a bt receiver like the miccus or the btune or the brightech, and buy a nice wired can with detachable cable.

Mar 13, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #5 of 5
So, I have tried the Bluedio T2+.
The fit is a bit strange because the headband must go quite back and the cups cannot turn n all directions, but I finally found a good position.
The build is not excellent, but you will NOT, ever, find an excellent build with excellent sound at excellent price.
The sound without EQ is not very good, too much low mids and bass, muddy.
They respond very well to EQ, so you can retune them to your tastes, and, wow, I must say, once retuned they can compete with much more expensive headphones...
It was really a surprise.
The range is good, the connection also but it could give you some problems if you have more than one BT audio device and you switch all the time.
No Aptx, but as said, very good, for the prise really good.
Specially if you come from a somehow bassy headphone. THese can really do some very nice bass.

I can easily recommend them. And they are very cheap.
There are several version, T2+, T2+, Ts2.
Buy the cheapest. They are the same.
T2+ has got micro sd card reader so you can listen to music without a phone (and I did not try it, but I can suppose that the sound should be even better because it goes not through a bt chip).
THe T2- in change has got a sort of EQ presets which you activate with the push of two buttons. SO it can be good if you stream and have no other EQ.
The TS2 is apparently the same as the T2-
Bluedio is famous for complicating things with their names.

If you cannot EQ, a better option is the Bluedio R+ Much more comfortable also. Better soundstage. Highs are a bit sibilant. Low mids still a bit muddy but not as much as the T2. And bass is clearly present, just like the T2. For a non basshead they are surely too dominant. But coming from the M50 you should be fine.
With EQ, strangely, I feel I am more able to retune the T2. But the R+ also improves.
And, they do not have the occasional very very quick dropouts which the T2 have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back