I need advice on DIY O2
Apr 20, 2015 at 4:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Danpyre

100+ Head-Fier
I've had this idea that I could order parts for the Objective2 amplifier, construct it, then sell inexpensively (Like $80 - $90 or something like that) for a little profit, and to make the O2 a bit more accessible for anyone wanting to buy one of the greatest solid state amplifiers in existence.
I am completely new to DIY (and working with the insides of electronics), so I'm probably going to get the O2 kit, then order the parts individually once I know what I'm doing.
Is there anything I should know about the task I'm undertaking?  I'm just using this to fuel my headphone / hardware addiction, so it's not really worth getting electrocuted.
Thanks in advance.

Apr 20, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #2 of 2
  I've had this idea that I could order parts for the Objective2 amplifier, construct it, then sell inexpensively (Like $80 - $90 or something like that) for a little profit, and to make the O2 a bit more accessible for anyone wanting to buy one of the greatest solid state amplifiers in existence.
I am completely new to DIY (and working with the insides of electronics), so I'm probably going to get the O2 kit, then order the parts individually once I know what I'm doing.
Is there anything I should know about the task I'm undertaking?  I'm just using this to fuel my headphone / hardware addiction, so it's not really worth getting electrocuted.
Thanks in advance.

You need to carefully read NWAVGUY's licensing permissions.  I've read that it's quite restrictive.  You can sell them for a profit, I believe, but you are very limited in what you can do to change something - if anything.  You may be really hard pressed to sell at any kind of profit compared to your competitors already out there.  Just my guess, but they're probably already at a thin margin and are using high volume to keep the prices down.  I don't know what kit you're going to use, but keep in mind that even austere casework can be as much as 50% of the total cost in building the amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back