i need a tackle box to organize my components
Feb 2, 2010 at 6:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

keanej6

500+ Head-Fier
hey guys. i'm an EE student and my shoebox is not longer doing the job for holding all my components. now that i'm taking more higher division labs, i need a tackle box to hold all my resistors, caps, boards, wires, etc. a lot of students have really nice and nifty tackle boxes.

i went over to marvac today though (local electronics store) but they didn't really have what i was looking for. i also can't seem to find anything online...so i'm asking you EE majors/hobbyists what you'd recommend to keep me organized at school
smily_headphones1.gif

one thing i must add is that i commute to school on a motorcycle so it must be relatively small to fit in my saddlebags. thanks!

Feb 2, 2010 at 8:25 AM Post #3 of 7
well i'm not sure. i guess primarily i want one big enough compartment to hold my breadboard which is like 8"x4" but i think eventually i'll get a bigger one. also i'm thinking something flat(ter) so i can fit it easier in my bag? lol i hope i'm not being unreasonable...

Feb 2, 2010 at 1:47 PM Post #4 of 7
I would check for an actual tackle box from a sporting goods store or a Walmart/Kmart/Target store. I have a small one with several compartments that I use for fishing and now that you mention, it would work great for electronic pieces!

Feb 2, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #5 of 7
When I first started building amps for others, I kept my components in a box that I purchased at an art supply store. I think it was originally intended for beads or something. Had the perfect size compartments, 3 layers plus a bottom layer large enough for PCB's and my soldering equipment.

Feb 3, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #7 of 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back